Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

D9B

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 19, 2014
Hello,

What Laser Color Printer (ethernet and airprint feature included) can you recommend for Mac OS (Maverics) and iOS systems. I want to make sure that I can avoid any problems like I had with Canon LBP7018C. See this post:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1716610/

I would like to print via network from Mac and IOS devices. Duplex is something to nice to have. This time I need to make sure I'm buying something good :)

Thank you for your recommendation.

FreakinEurekan

macrumors 603
Sep 8, 2011
If you have a Mac that's always on, you don't need to limit yourself to AirPrint compatible printers, you can use an AirPrint emulator on your Mac. I use handyPrint but there are a few out there.

I'm using an Oki C531DN color laser and I like it fine for my purposes, don't know enough about what you want to do to say whether I'd recommend it for you or not.

Altemose

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2013
Elkton, Maryland
Hello,

What Laser Color Printer (ethernet and airprint feature included) can you recommend for Mac OS (Maverics) and iOS systems. I want to make sure that I can avoid any problems like I had with Canon LBP7018C. See this post:
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1716610/

I would like to print via network from Mac and IOS devices. Duplex is something to nice to have. This time I need to make sure I'm buying something good :)

Thank you for your recommendation.

I use inkjet printers here but have had good luck with Oki as well.

If you have a Mac that's always on, you don't need to limit yourself to AirPrint compatible printers, you can use an AirPrint emulator on your Mac. I use handyPrint but there are a few out there.

I'm using an Oki C531DN color laser and I like it fine for my purposes, don't know enough about what you want to do to say whether I'd recommend it for you or not.

There is an Oki B6300 I connected and used the generic OS X LPD driver and it works fine. It is great on toner usage and has only had the fuser replaced once in over 165,000 pages printed.

MCAsan

macrumors 601
Jul 9, 2012
Atlanta
We have had a HP 2025N for years and it works great with all the OS releases. For high quality color prints of photos, we use Canon Pro series ink jets.

Macman45

macrumors G5
Jul 29, 2011
Somewhere Back In The Long Ago
I have an Epson 535W which is AirPrint capable, but as mentioned, you don't have to buy an AirPrint model.

PrinNshare and webprint are two apps that make nearly any printer connected AirPrint capable. Personally I'd buy a compatible model as prices have fallen dramatically now, and a decent all in one won't breK the bank.

Giuly

macrumors 68040
As far as multifunctions go, the Brother MFC-9330CDW isn't too shabby for all your (Air)print, fax scan and copy duties, including the duplex printing (there's even a model with duplex scanning as well).

71ITP3QIZ6L._SL1500_.jpg

If all you want is a printer, the HL-3170CDW is the same printer with duplex printing and AirPrint, sans the scanner. And rather inexpensive, too.
51-mfF0%2BWeL._SL1500_.jpg

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.