Best replacement battery?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by slynger, Oct 25, 2015.

1. slynger macrumors regular

slynger

So I've been reading the older threads regarding replacement batteries. My MBP is going to be due for a new battery here soon and I was curious as to what battery is the better one to get.

I know there's OEM batteries, and some others that a just a bit different than OEM. This is the first time I will be buying a replacement battery and wanted to hear opinions from people who have actually purchased a replacement battery.

Thanks for the help.

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Just going by other forum posts here, people seem to do okay with Anker brand batteries.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Hey weaselboy just read in another thread about a guy sending his anker back because it shut down when it said it had 25% of battery left, other than that the reviews here have been ok but not in OEM battery league.

Ifixit do OEM batteries but they are expensive, you do get what you pay for though.

4. dk206 macrumors regular

Hey you should check out my thread. I have had that problem too. Had 25% battery on my new Anker (followed their instructions on optimising) however, it shut down randomly. 3 times....

So I bought an "OEM" from iFixit. I've created to a thread to check that the ones iFixit sell, are genuine.