best replacement for safari download manager(4s/ios5)

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by himynameiscody, Feb 4, 2012.

1. himynameiscody macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

something so i can download files like zips or rar from safar. and hopefully work with ifile

2. malias4 macrumors 6502a

malias4

3. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Thank you kind one

4. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

5. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

I've been using this to get by.

It works on every file-hoster, on any file... but it kinda sucks it isn't perfectly integrated with Safari, miss that feature from the iOS4 JB days :\

6. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

so do you use that webrowser as your everyday browser

7. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

8. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

Only to download, it's a damn frustrating extra step, but it does always work... which Safari Download Manager in iOS4 did have some file-sharing sites that just wouldn't work. Least that app always works. :\

Safari = everyday, Downloads [app] to..well, download.

9. himynameiscody thread starter macrumors 6502a

himynameiscody

i definitely considered that...overall it works as well as safari? like speed wise especially?

10. tctony macrumors 6502a

tctony

Third party browsers can't use the nitro javascript enhancements that Apple introduced in iOS 4.3.

Atomic Web is nice - it has downloads, full screen, gestures, better tabs, and you can theme it black. When running stock iOS I use Atomic Web.

When I'm jailbroken I prefer to use Safari. But since I already have Atomic, I can use that to download stuff. You should also note that for many files, you really don't need SDM. If you try to download something in Safari, you get the option to open in iFile - which works exactly like downloading it.