iPad Best Repos?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by kardiackeith, May 28, 2012.

1. kardiackeith macrumors member

What are the best Cydia repositories to use for the iPad?

2. PrayForDeath macrumors 6502

Depends entirely on what kind of tweaks you're looking for. BigBoss and ModMyI tend to have most of the popular tweaks.

3. Enlightenment1 macrumors regular

New to JB'ing and wondering, are the repos that are already installed with Cydia enough or should I add more?
    If the latter applies, I would also like to know the best repos?

Thanks.

4. dgstan macrumors 6502a

You can certainly Google and find plenty of repo lists - some legit, some blackmarket. For the most part, the default repos are fine for the average user. You may find the need to add certain developer's repos since they update their apps much faster than Cydia can keep up. Ashman's beta repo comes to mind.

5. crimton, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

crimton macrumors member

Is there any reason that many of the sources are missing from cydia? This is the first time I've jailbroken an ipad so I looked up peoples favorite sources and none of them are available to me such as hackulous and sinfuliphone. I read that it could be related to cydias servers getting hit hard by the recent release. I have like about 20 3rd party repos available.

edit: I figured out how to manually add repos, I guess this is how its done for many of them.

6. Dav1 macrumors 6502

Generally people that dare to mention those repos are labeled a "thief", and insulted...

That certain repos are not included is a direct result of what they contain, rather than the pounding that Cydia may or may not be getting....

7. -TYLER macrumors regular

I am a thief then, I really don't care what people call me over the Internet as I don't know them or plan to get to know them.

I am not going to pay $1.29 for each song when I want to have hundreds of them. Also not going to pay $15 for a movie..

#ThiefLife

8. xraytech macrumors 68020

Wow...

Just wow...

9. MattWeed9 macrumors member

MattWeed9

And honest thief, who would of tunk it?

I won't lie and so I have never used pirating means to obtain things I have purchased in the past and has worn out or been stolen. I had a cd book around 2000 that had around 500 CDs in it. It was stolen from my car on my way home from a friends party at a gas station. I was only inside for 20 minutes waiting in line. Lost the CDs and a driver side window. Granted I only downloaded around. 100 of them as I had already started ripping them to hard drives. Those cd books could be real ruff on the disc lol.

Anyways, stealing is bad no matter how you look at it. It will end up costing someone who isn't filthy rich money. The filthy rich guy won't take the loss, he'll just fire one of the poor people who help produce the product to recovery the cost.

10. crimton macrumors member

Ok, that makes sense.

11. -TYLER macrumors regular

Problem?

12. bufffilm macrumors 68040

bufffilm

yeah, the fact that you are unbasheded & unashamed about pirating/stealing copyrighted material.

your parents really dropped the ball raising you up. imo, you're only a few steps removed from your garden-variety muggers and burglars.

13. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

#ImmoralLife
    #HonorlessLife

14. -TYLER macrumors regular

You know what they say about opinions, they are like *******s everyone has one.
    thank you.

15. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

Not really an opinion, it's illegal, and that's a fact.

You are obviously very young, trust me, you'll have a change of heart in a few years, until then, best of luck, don't get your parents in too much trouble.

Now can we please get back on topic?

I personally use Zodttd's repo, it's added with default cydia I believe, you should check out the emulators, nothing like playing the classics.

16. MattWeed9 macrumors member

MattWeed9

Just going to throw this out there because you said you where older... You never used a VHS tape to record anything on TV and watched it more then once or shared that with anyone? Same goes for cassette tapes, I remember growing up using them to record songs off the radio all the time. Or putting tape over the holes on the cassette tapes tapes I owned to make mixed tapes. Which wasn't ever considered pirating then, but it would be now lol.

17. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

true, never thought of it like that.

do you think its due to the fact they cant easily see people doing it back then? as to now, downloads on the net/ actions on computers can be logged?

even so, it is illegal now this day and age.
    some drugs used to be legal back in the day but aren't now.

18. Haziza macrumors member

Haziza

19. frenchbullcho macrumors regular

20. FeaRThiS, Feb 4, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2013

FeaRThiS macrumors 6502

I wouldnt be so sure about that as it all depends on where you live.

Getting sick of the American government thinking that they rule the whole world with their DCMA and other BS laws, trying to extradite a british man for a torrent website although he broke no UK laws but its all good or at least you think it is, just wait until you get extradited to Dubai for having sexual relations whilst not in wedlock.

21. BrokeTechLover macrumors regular

#Respect

Hey if youre gonna do it,own it.
    besides jailbreaking ur iPad is illegal now. Bet you that's not stopping anyone...