Best resale value - white or black?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacVault, Aug 28, 2011.

1. MacVault macrumors 65816

Which iPad 2 will sell better? White or black?

And which color do you like better and why?

2. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

Whichever the buyer prefers. :D

I prefer black because it looks classy and does not distract me when viewing the screen.

3. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    i prefer the white ipad -

when i upgrade to the ipad 3, i will deffo be looking for the white model

4. greygray macrumors 68000

greygray

Both have the same resale value, though I personally feel that white would command more value simply for the fact that Apple's early products had were 'trademark white' in color.

5. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

The White version is just plain ugly to me. I think black screams sexy, especially with a black carbon fiber skin on the back.

6. johnnyturbouk macrumors 68000

johnnyturbouk

on the yellow [oled] brick road to tech nirvana.
    Ugly,disagree..
    i think it looks sophisticated and chic - especially when juxtaposed with a high quality alluminum case. I guess this is a subjective choice :D

7. TonyK macrumors 6502a

TonyK

Based on replies so far, it would appear you cannot determine in advance which will have a better resale value.

Thus I do not buy based on resale value, I buy based on desire or need.

Good luck with the buying decision.

8. marcovortex macrumors member

marcovortex

Classic apple

Not sure this is going to help anyone decide but here are my thoughts all the same..
    Black looks great and I like how it's uniform with all the switches, 3G attenna if you have that model, and the apple symbol on the back are all the same colour. Black also blends in with the screen more so when watching some you tube etc.tot seems to 'disappear' more. A big drawback was I found it shows finger prints and smears more than the white iPad.
    White is classic apple and I have a fondness for it because of that having been an Apple fan for a long time now. It also seems to hide finger prints a lot better. While I can live with it and it doesn't seem to big of a deal to me, the white border can be a little distracting sometimes. If only in the sense that it makes you more aware of the border.
    Have owned and used both colours ( iPad 1 black, iPad 2 white) and would go for the white again next time. It's a very personal choice though and I don't see one having better resale than the other. In general I think iPads have great resale numbers for either colour.
    For me it came down to the white tugging at my heart strings in fond memories of iPods and MacBooks in white of yore. Cheesy, yes, but also true 8)