Best resolution for rmbp 13

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mihawk, Feb 10, 2013.

1. mihawk macrumors newbie

Hello :)

what is the best resolution for rmbp 13? Should I just leave it at 'best for retina' or change to other resolution? Which setting do you guys use?

I'm using a slightly higher resolution than the one suggested for 'best for retina', does that jeopardize the beautiful display??
    I dont quite understand actually, with the one I am using, is it still considered as retina? So higher resolution = better?

2. robvas macrumors 68020

Use whatever you prefer. The image won't be as sharp on the other resolutions but you'll get more screen space which might be important to you

3. mmark77 macrumors newbie

I keep it at best for retina

I mostly keep the resolution at the "Best for..." and scale down the fonts on my IDE's to around 9 and 10, and my excel sheets to 80% zoom. I lose a little bit of real-estate compared to running at 1680x1050 with larger fonts, but my text is pretty much the same size.

I do run 1680x1050 when I have to have multiple finder windows open.

4. robvas macrumors 68020

I usually run 1440x900 but then when I go up to 1680x1050 I do the opposite - bump the fonts up to 12-14.

I feel that way I'm wasting less space on things like window title bars, menus, etc.