Best Retina Macbook Pro Protective Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Superman041, Dec 30, 2013.

1. Superman041 macrumors regular

What's the best ( in your opinion), protective sleeve for the Retina Macbook Pro ? Protection is key for me, any suggestions would be welcome !

2. Superman041, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013

Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

The thread you posted is for the "unboxing" etc. Looking for cases at the moment. The cases thread is difficult to gauge what the best opinions are on certain products. A poll would make this easier.

3. Dekard macrumors 6502

Dekard

4. eneisch macrumors 6502a

This is the sleeve I got:

http://www.amazon.com/Snugg-MacBook...88421695&sr=8-2&keywords=snugg+macbook+pro+15

I got in tan, which does not seem to be available at the moment. For the price I think it is a very nice sleeve. Like the magnetic flap as well, since I don't like zippers in contact with my MacBook.

----------

That one looks very nice. I like the fact that it has a lip to keep the zipper away from the MacBook. Very thoughtful touch...

5. ducatiti macrumors 6502a

ducatiti

After several weeks of browsing, scored these for only $25 (with 50% off coupon)

I think you have both looks and protection on this one. Foam padding liner and additional foam on the corners. I can also charge my rmbp while stored inside. Can't really go wrong with this one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

For us, sleeves are a protection device first, and a fashion accessory second. When we got our rMBPs last year we tried lots of sleeves. We ended up with Puma units. They had the firmest/thickest foam walls for better protection.

7. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

Got the same one in tan. Love it. Love the magnetic flap. Highly dislike zippers on other sleeves.

8. zorinlynx, Dec 30, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2013

zorinlynx macrumors 601

zorinlynx

Do you confidently think this case could protect a 13" rMBP from being dropped directly on a corner from chest height? That's my requirement; I want a case that lets me easily carry my laptop around campus alone when I go to meetings and such in other buildings, but am always worried about dropping it. And I don't want to have to take my full "laptop bag" (which is actually a large backpack).

EDIT: Arggh, these things only "ship to Apple Store". I wanted to go look at one in person before buying. I wish the Apple Store stocked more accessories like this. :p

9. Superman041 thread starter macrumors regular

I was wondering this as well..

----------

Thanks for your post.. What's the possibility of the zips scratching the laptop ?

10. Quinoky macrumors regular

Quinoky

I have the Booq Viper sleeve and I absolutely love it. Its edges stick out slightly so when it drops on the side it won't damage the MBP, and most importantly for me, it has no zipper. The magnets do a superb job of not damaging the MBP ;) and it holds it inside quite nicely.

http://www.booqbags.com/us/apple-macbook-pro-15-inch-retina/all-products
    (I have the 13 inch version, obviously.)

11. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

:eek:

That's like a 5-foot drop! For delicate hardware, Pelican has some good stuff:

Pelican 15" Notebook case
    Pelican 13" Notebook case

12. chabig macrumors 68040