Best return policy for iPad

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kerpow, Sep 5, 2012.

1. kerpow macrumors 6502

I'm leaving my job next week and I'll likely be given a tablet as a leaving present, as its pretty much the standard company policy (lucky me!).

While its a lovely gesture, my wife already has an iPad and, to be honest, I don't use it much. I have no desire for an Android device either. When I'm at home I use my MBPro13 for everything. I really can't see myself taking an iPad out of the house much.

If they give me one I'd probably return it. I need a new phone and the iPhone 5 would be a perfect, assuming all the rumours are true. Failing that, I'd get a Kindle as it would be nice to have something to read books that has better battery life.

So, I'm tempted to suggest they buy it from a certain place and include a receipt (they will completely understand). Any recommendations? Ideally from somewhere that I could go back to within 30 days and swap the iPad out for something else, no questions asked. My initial thought was John Lewis, but I don't think they sell phones.

Thanks

2. mzjin macrumors 6502

mzjin

3. kerpow thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks. However, I just called Apple and they said couldn't do it. Only exchanges for like for like e.g. 16GB iPad for 32gb. Or, refund the credit card that was used to purchase it

4. ewilson6 macrumors 6502

How much do u want for it? Im interested in it?