Best RPG for the Casual Gamer?

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by jedolley, Jan 16, 2012.

1. jedolley macrumors 68000

I'm looking for the best iPhone RPG in terms of game play and story, but is not too difficult or challenging. I want something that's immersive, but will be playing it as a time killer or casually. Price isn't a huge factor (don't mind paying for quality), but want something that's rewarding in terms of game play, story, immersive, and decent graphics would be nice.

I've done a search on here for RPGs and have read through the threads and have some games written down, but figured I would ask since I might be looking for something different that was previously asked (i.e. Best RPG may not be for me, maybe due to difficulty).

Thanks in advance.

2. eric/ Guest

eric/

I've heard really good things about Infinity Blade

http://infinitybladegame.com/

3. jedolley thread starter macrumors 68000

Thanks. I have Infinity Blade (not IB2 yet though), but I don't really consider it an RPG. It's a fun game and definitely a good one to show off the iPhone, but not very deep or immersive.

4. eric/ Guest

eric/

Have you considered any of the Final Fantasy games?

5. jedolley thread starter macrumors 68000

Yes. Hoping to get some feedback on those... It's been a LONG time since I played them... I tried to get back into one of them on the DS a few years ago, but it seemed a lot more difficult than I remember. The game play itself was easy enough, like riding a bike, but it seemed like I kept getting into random encounters I had no way of winning. Don't know if that also applies to the ones on iOS and hope someone can chime in.

6. jedolley thread starter macrumors 68000

Am I missing something? Those don't appear to be iOS games...

I'm not a RPG beginner or anything... RPG is definitely my favorite genre and I have played many of the classics. The reason I am looking for some more casual RPGs is because I plan to play them in short stints. For example, during down times at work, breaks & lunches, waiting for an appointment, etc.

I hope that clarifies what I am looking for...

7. jacob11 macrumors member

ok then you can play 'Caravaneer'.