Best RSS Reader for iPhone & Mac? (iPad too)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HappyDude20, May 12, 2014.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

Hey all,

Looking for opinions on best RSS reader to work with my iOS devices and MacBook Pro. All equally important, however iPhone is where I'll normally check first.

All I've ever used was Google Reader which was great in keeping an RSS update from Tumblr, even if the post was taking down.

I'm wondering if Apple themselves have an RSS feature in Safari that communicates w/ all 3 devices.

2. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

I moved all of my feeds to Feedly and use Reeder on the iPhone, Mr. Reader on the iPad and ReadKit on the Mac. All of the three sync with Feedly.

3. HappyDude20 thread starter macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

So you're saying Reeder, Mr. Reader & ReadKit all sync up up to date whats been read and what hasn't all due to Feedly?

If this is the case, and i'm honestly not sure whether it is or not, I have to ask.. Why not just use Feedly? Again, this is coming from someone thats just trying to get a feel for an applicable RSS solution.

4. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Just personal preference. I used to use Reeder for all three but they dropped the ball on updating after Google Reader stopped. Also when I was developing my habits, ReadKit was the only Mac App available. Now Feedly has apps for Mac and IOS.

5. wineandcarbs macrumors 6502a

I moved to Feedly when Google Reader was discontinued.

6. campyguy macrumors 68030

I've been using Newsify, a universal iOS app on my iPhone 5 and iPad Air and the Feedly web portal for the Feedly service. I've tried out a few other Mac and iOS apps including Feedly's iOS app but keep going back to Newsify. Feedly's web interface doesn't suck, I like it better than Reeder (I've tried and deleted the beta) and Readkit (which is in my Applications folder pretty much unused...).

I exported my Google Reader feeds, imported into Feedly, and it's been smooth reading since...

7. makotoisle macrumors 6502

I use Reeder on all three, sync'd through Feedly. I just like the way it looks and functions.