Best rugged case for 6 plus?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by hagr182, Sep 7, 2015.

1. hagr182 macrumors regular

I have been a runner/cyclist for quite sometime now and I had been very fond of lifeproof cases....
    however I don´t really like the nuud only approach they have for the 6 plus. And otterbox defender has left marks on both my previous iphones (4s and a 5).

Is there any rugged case with integrated screen protector or third party screen protector compatibility you´d recommend? I tend to be sometimes clumsy and as I type this I already dropped my phone (no damage).

Any help is greatly appreciated

2. thadoggfather Suspended

thadoggfather

Magpul.

Never look back.

I have blue black and orange. Luvvit

With a tempered glass protector I've dropped this phone face down on cement about 7 times. Unscathed.

Not really that bulky for as protective as it is too and easy to slide in and out of your pocket. Grippy in hand.

Win all around

3. Josh125 macrumors 6502

Josh125

2nd the Magpul recommendation.....it's just a fantastic case. Add a glass edge to edge and it is hard to beat.

4. Ipadlover29 macrumors 6502a

I think when you say "rugged" you mean rugged looking but also something that has good drop protection for sports and outdoor use. The magpul is very rugged looking and I love the way it looks but it's not military standard drop tested. The speck candy shell and UAG are both military standard drop tested. I own all 3 cases and I would say the magpul is the best looking and the cheapest.

5. scjr macrumors 68000

scjr

Thule Atmos X3, paired with a nice edge to edge tempered glass screen protector is an option. Military tested 6 foot drop protection.

The X4 is coming out, which is another one to look at. That has a screen protector.

6. hagr182 thread starter macrumors regular

Th
    Mainly that is good for sports and outdoor use. Im gonna go back to mountain biking soon and while my iphone will reside mainly on my mtb backpack I want it to be protected in case I fall off my bike (which I remember happened quite a lot).

Seems the magpul is getting all around recommendations around here, i´ll check that and the thule cases out. Thanks to everyone who replied!!