Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Is there a good dual wireless charger out yet for S4 and X? Small footprint for nightstand.

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
They are custom hand made
, so they might have some imperfections, but both my wife and I have them on our night-table and really like them. Highly recommend them.

Reactions: rugmankc

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Thanks, they look nice. But, to big for my area. Doesn't mention S4 watch?

mbhforum

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Thanks for all the replies. I ordered the one TheBum linked. Here Friday. May still get the new Belkin one I linked in my second post. Out in December.

anthonymoody

macrumors 68040
Aug 8, 2002
I have two of these chargers and could not be happier. They charge my iPad, iPhone, and watch simulataniously and take up minimal space on our nightstands. I am currently using it with my Apple Watch series 4.

https://www.us.enbluetec.com/products/evolus-3-wireless-charging
I like my current enblue, for phone and watch, but it's wired. I wish they'd make one like the one you linked to (which is out of stock btw) but without the iPad charging. All I need is phone and watch.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
I like my current enblue, for phone and watch, but it's wired. I wish they'd make one like the one you linked to (which is out of stock btw) but without the iPad charging. All I need is phone and watch.

The 70.00 one shows in stock. Getting it tomorrow--

It is 100% wireless--

The cheaper ones don't support the S4 and have somewhat bad reviews.

CrownSeven

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
I unboxed and setup the https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK42RGV/ Mangotek. The 70.00 one.

Small footprint, very high quality build. I don't take the band off. So, being able to hang it over my X is great. Have Apple leather case on it.

Will charge both tonite.

Thanks to TheBum :):)

I tried the above charger for a few days and sent it back for two reasons:

1) The watch would rotate and not sit straight up on the charger unless the band was left open laying on the phone. Magnet was not strong enough to hold the watch at the position set OR it just doesn’t fit a S4 properly.

2) Because of having to leave the band open and touching the phone while charging - removing the phone while the watch was still attached was a pain.

Im waiting for the belkin to be released or for apples pad - whichever comes first.

rugmankc

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Sep 24, 2014
Sorry it didn’t work for you. It has been great for me so far. I have a sport loop and no issues.

CrownSeven

macrumors member
Aug 14, 2008
Sorry it didn’t work for you. It has been great for me so far. I have a sport loop and no issues.

Yeah its a great form factor. I use my watch to play podcasts while exercising and want to download the podcasts from the phone to the watch each day.

Unfortunately that can only happen while the watch is charging and the phone is nearby. So this charger would’ve been perfect.

Ah well. Not your fault of course.

TheBum

macrumors member
Nov 30, 2012
The issue I was having was that the phone would end up being askew on the charger (sometimes with the help of a cat) and would stop charging. I designed and 3D-printed a bracket to hold the phone straight. I may do something similar for the watch charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.