Best Scanner with Airprint Capabilities

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by sammyman, Mar 22, 2011.

1. sammyman macrumors 6502a

Right now I am using a Canon MX860 for scanning documents. Sometimes I need to scan large files. The canon works ok, but I am hoping there is a higher quality printer/scanner out there that would make great scans for large documents (20+ pages). Airprint would be a huge plus.

I also have a brother laser printer, so laser or inkject are both fine.

2. SpeedFleX macrumors 6502

As far as I know only HP has Airprint:

This is the list so far:

HP Envy eAll-in-One series (D410a)

HP Photosmart Plus e-AiO (B210a)

HP Photosmart Premium e-AiO (C310a)

HP Photosmart Premium Fax e-AiO (C410a)

HP Photosmart e-AiO (D110)

HP Photosmart Wireless e-AiO (B110)—Europe and Asia-Pacific

HP Photosmart eStation (C510)

I use a Canon MX870 with Printopia ( http://www.ecamm.com/mac/printopia/ ) installed on my mac mini server.

3. cadillac1234 macrumors regular

I installed Printopia and my Brother Mfc-7340 shows up and works as an Airprint printer in iOS

For $9.99 it seems like the best option and I get to keep a fairly well built functioning printer that doesn't cost a fortune in ink costs

4. SolarJ macrumors newbie

The Best and #1 scanner on the market is the Fujitsu ScanSnap. I have had the older version s300m for three years and it works now like it did the day I got it. It has the capability to scan duplex ( i believe it hold ten pages at a time) in any format you want, does OCR, business cards, basically the works. There are several ways to tweak it and save specific profiles. I.e pictures, duplex docs, color, b/w, etc. I searched for a long time before I got this and now the new one is even better. I actually just picked one up for the road. I hate paper!!

http://www.fujitsu.com/us/services/computing/peripherals/scanners/scansnap/s1300.html

This is the best peripheral I have. Forget about airprint...too new...my father just got an HP with his new MBP and it blows!!!

5. rzc macrumors newbie

Im thinking of getting a printer soon as well. What do you think about the HP Officejet Pro 8500A Plus e-All-in-One Printer - A910g? I know it has AirPrint plus duplex printing. Any thoughts?

6. SolarJ macrumors newbie

I personally have the HP color laserjet CP2025 hooked up to an airport express for wireless capabilities and use printopia if I want to print from iphone or ipad. And of course the scansnap scanner. Laserjets are so efficient and end up being the better economical solution if you plan on printing quite a bit. the cartridges get something like 3000 prints before running out. I use it for brochures, proposals, etc. The quality beats any "jet" machine. I love it so much that I am taking it with me when I move to Hawaii in three weeks!!!