Best Scanner with Feeder and Networking

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by seanhess, Nov 4, 2009.

1. seanhess macrumors newbie

I currently have a flatbed scanner, the Canon Lide25, which is alright, but I have to set it up with my laptop every time I use it, and wait while I scan each page. I want to be able to scan notes/wireframes and bills and things for my consulting without it being such a hassle. Also, the software for the Lide 25 is awful.

I'm leaning towards a network connected one, so I don't have to attach it to my computer (I have a Time Capsule). My router is in the closet, so a wireless one would be a plus.

I really need to be able to drop a stack of papers in there and have it scan them, without requiring me to babysit them.

Any recommendations? I'm running snow leopard.

Thanks!

2. Mugwumper macrumors regular

Can't help on the wireless . . .

. . . but I've been using Hamrick's VueScan for many years. I have used it
    with an HP Scanner and currently the LiDE 200, which is fine when it works.
    My issue is that whenever I sleep my iMac, after I wake it, it may or may
    not scan. This only started with Snow Leopard. Probably the Canon driver.

3. robby818 macrumors 6502a

I'm in a similar boat to the OP...here's what I would like to do, if anyone has suggestions I would love to hear them..

I want to be able to scan documents to my Time Capsule....if I get a networkable All-In-One Machine that can scan to an FTP site (from reading operating manuals it appears that some Dells and Brothers have this capability) then can I configure it to scan to a folder on my Time Capsule???

The goal is to be able to walk up to my scanner and scan a document which is then sent to my time capsule...I am trying to avoid installing scanning software on my Mac (I don't want to send documents directly to my Mac because it is not always on but my Time Capsule is always on and I don't really use the hard drive storage anyways).

Note- some of these scanners can scan to memory cards which is also a nice feature but scanning to my Time Capsule would be the best solution.