Best screen cleaner for WHITE-Unibody-MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by MarkCooz, Mar 26, 2010.

1. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

What's the best screen cleaner for the new unibody macbook?

I don't know why i'm getting all these smudges from randomness... I never ever touch the screen... :/

Thanks

2. vistadude macrumors 65816

3. lyons238 macrumors 6502

yeah try using distilled water preferably, because it doesnt have all the minerals or anything else to leave streaks

4. Moocher macrumors regular

I use glasses lens cleaner from the optical store at walmart with a microfiber cloth from the same rack. Very lightly dampen the cloth then wipe the screen. Of course I have these things in the house anyway.

Mooch

5. Pax macrumors 6502a

I used standard Mr Muscle window cleaner, just a little on a soft cloth, to get out stubborn grease stains

Then a microfibre cloth like others on here are saying

Worked a treat

6. Skippy440 macrumors member

Skippy440

That's what I use. Works well. Of course not touching your screen also helps:)

7. medicscott macrumors 6502a

medicscott

8. MarkCooz thread starter macrumors 6502a

Are you serious?

Also i need to buy that 'Mr. Muscle' thing. I have some microfiber laying around...

Tried what the 2 gentlemen suggested the first two post, it worked... but only for like a couple of days (2-3 days) then i started seeing smudges again... I don't know why they keep popping up.

9. TrulyYuki macrumors 6502

TrulyYuki

If you're not ever touching the screen, is someone in you home using your machine? That's one option. If not than i'm assuming the oils from the keyboard are transferring to you screen.

To clean my machine I use iKlear. You spray the cloth lightly and wipe the screen down, then flip the cloth over to dry. Than I do the same with my keyboard. I also have a cloth I put onto the keyboard when I shut my computer. It came with the iKlear packaging. And then I also clean my bottom case using Make-up remover and a cotton pad. Works GREAT!