Best Screen Cleaner?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jfriedman8, Oct 21, 2009.

1. jfriedman8 macrumors 6502

I have been using Monster screen cleaner from Best Buy, but it SUCKS. I used to have iKlear but I remember that too was not great. Any tips/ products to actually clean one of these MBP screens and not have streaks and lines left over?

2. Eshyn macrumors member

I do exactly what is instructed in the manual - wet the included microfiber cloth and wipe the screen clean. Works like a charm!

3. str1f3 macrumors 68000

4. gumbyx84 macrumors 6502

gumbyx84

If you really want to be safe, you could use distilled water instead of regular water. I use one of the standard LCD cleaners you can buy at any electronics store.

5. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

i always have the included fibercloth in my backpack just in case but normally clean it using the same gently micro-fiber cloths used to clean car windows. dab a bit of water and it looks 100% new.

been doing this for months and looks just like the day i got it.

6. twiztidsid13 macrumors newbie

macbook

I have the black macbook 15inch and i love it, would i trade it for a 13inch pro, your damn right i would! as cool as the new macbook is it just isnt as much computer. not everyone can pay the higher price, but yet the macbook could be alittle cheaper, but if they did that they would lose some sales of the pro. i did some messing around on apple.com and my pro 13inch with 500 gig 4gig of ram was still under 1400, thats not bad really. i do like the slightly bigger size of the 15inch though. Its nice that they keep coming up with nicer stuff and who knows what the macbook touch is going to be like! but i say, if you can pay 1000 you can do 1300. just save for another month, its worth the wait.

As for metal VRS plastic,
    both have pros and cons
    i had a powebook ti 13inch and it still got dented and damaged.
    dont LEAN on your computer and you wont brake it! Sure the heat
    issue is important, but i have a plastic one and it gets less hot then
    the first line of pros, now they dont get as hot, but still. metal doesnt
    always mean better.

Id still go with a MBP if i could, but im happy to have what i have!

:apple: LOVE

Sid

7. fr4c macrumors 65816

fr4c

I use iKlear with the micro-fiber cloth that they include. It cleans the laptop and screen very well, and removed smudges and grease that water just can't take off.

8. pol0001 macrumors 6502

pol0001

I use warm water and a soft cloth once a week to clean my MBP. Cheapest and easiest way.

9. Thieves Dont macrumors newbie

I wouldn't go for iKlear. Leaves a ton of streaks and smudges, and it takes forever to remove those from the screen . I went out and bought the Monster ScreenClean kit today and that worked amazing for me. No streaks, running, smudges, or anything.

10. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

iKlear is the best. Hands down. On my 3rd bottle, it is all I use to clean my computer, iPhone, HDTVs, and other electronics.

11. kellen macrumors 68020

kellen

Water has always worked best.

I should sell some in a bottle, labeled Mac Clear and charge 20 bucks for it.

12. mrgossett macrumors 6502

This is the wrong forum for me since I have an Air, but I'm using some "Nice & Clean" electronic cleaning wipes from Wal-Mart, and then I immediately wipe the screen dry with a clean microfiber cloth. Works great and doesn't leave any streaks.

13. Dan73 macrumors 6502a

+1 for iKlear... as long as you don't spray too much on, then it streaks :p

14. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

Water might be great, but what if you have smudges and grease on your screen? It won't help anything with water. I used iKlear for the body and KLEARSCREEN for the computer screen. And also I wiped with my screen with microfiber clothing.

That worked perfectly! Just IMO though.

15. macfrik macrumors 6502

macfrik

LOL yea you should! Mac Clear is a good name too!