Best screen protecter for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by tbluhp, Dec 27, 2012.

1. tbluhp macrumors 6502a

I have tried

ZAGG invisibleSHIELD for Apple iPhone 5 - Smudge Proof Case Friendly Screen

and

Tech Armor Anti-Glare & Anti-Fingerprint (Matte) Screen Protector with Lifetime Replacement Warranty for Apple iPhone 5 [3-Pack]

Both caused bad bubbles so what is a good one to buy? I need a good one as if their is none on their my screen would be scratched up.

2. Pjr772 macrumors member

I've heard great things about the Power Support anti glare. I used them in my 4 and 4s with good results. Keeping the 5 naked

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i personally have used Ghost Armor and Zagg before. I prefer Ghost Armor over Zagg if you must choose one of those.

but for now, im using Armor Suit on all of my i devices and love it so far. it has a perfectly smooth texture, unlike other ones that have an orange peel and rubbery texture.

4. cheezeit macrumors 6502

5. tbluhp thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok I wanted to know out of the two what would be a better brand?

Skinomi or ZAGG?

6. AFDoc macrumors 68030

You're asking a question that would be different for each person so it has no real "correct" answer. I like the Pure from bodyguardz http://www.bodyguardz.com/screenguardz-pure-glass-protector-film-guard-shield
    I think there is nothing better than touching glass and this is the next best thing than going naked IMHO. Some don't like the very little thickness it adds to the hmpe button but come on, how is that a deal breaker when it comes to how it feels and performs? I think those people are nuts. Any who that is my answer for the best screen protector.

7. pat park macrumors 6502a

bubbles are usually from dust under the screen protector. You have to make sure the screen is completely clean. Any of these screen protectors will develop bubbles if not installed correctly. I prefer a wet application as it seems to to yield the best results (for me).

8. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

Zagg HD skins are awesome. I can't vouch for their cheaper ones.

9. ajo macrumors 6502

10. mackandproud macrumors 6502

I have a tech armor screen protector. Application is surprisingly tedious. I used the supplied tap to completely clean my screen but a few specks of dirt made their way under the protector nonetheless.

You have to be careful because, if you get a piece of dirt under the screen, you can render the protector unuseable if you peel the protector back too far. I peeled the protector back to get one piece of dirt out, but when the protector was replaced on the screen, it would not stay put.

The rubber case holds the protector in place for now.

Also, after just a few hours of use, the protector itself is scratched up like crazy. I guess I just have rough fingers.

11. AndroidBlows macrumors member

I've tried them all.

Power Support hands down is the best.

No bubbles. Awesome results.

Media Devil is #2. Very good quality but PS is a zero bubble experience. MD is almost as easy to apply but not quite.

12. JBryan84 macrumors regular

Mime HDT-c glass screen protector is my favorite. Comes with the most goodies and awesome curved glass on the edges.

13. map1978 macrumors 68020

map1978

Bodyguardz Pure pairs with a Spigen aluminum home button
    Best combo
    Ever

14. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

I have to agree there, i've tried many others but PS have given the best results.

15. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

16. XboxMySocks macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

17. ZeroGauge macrumors member

ZeroGauge

I'd suggest an "iLoome" screen protector. It's glass so it doesn't even feel like there is a screen protector on and it offers great protection for your screen. I've had mine for a week or two and have had zero complaints so far. It's also pretty reasonably priced and easy to install!

18. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

19. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

One week into my spigen glas.t.r with rubber bumper, and I'm loving it so far.:D

20. iPad2013 macrumors member

21. AndroidBlows macrumors member

After using the PS for over a week it's obvious just how much better it truly is.

No smudges. No oil build up. Smooth scrolling.

Hands down PS is the best. I don't know how they do it. Miracle substance these protectors are.

22. MistahMumford macrumors 6502

MistahMumford

23. bananataffy macrumors member

anyone recommending a plastic screen protector has never tried a glass one.

another vote for the BodyGuardz Pure.

24. AndroidBlows macrumors member

After 4 weeks I still declare PS AG the greatest SP of all time. I will never buy another brand.

;)