Best screen protector and case for iPhone 1st Gen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by asdfTT123, Aug 4, 2008.

1. asdfTT123 macrumors regular

Hey, I got my unlocked 1st Gen iPhone and I'm looking for a screen protector and case for it. The phone is absolute perfect condition except for a tiny hairline scratch on the side of the screen. Are there any screen protectors that hide it from sight from good? I was thinking about the Agent 18 black hard case and an invisibleshield. Any ideas?

2. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

well, Invisi Shield, is the only decent screen protector...and really any case from BB or Circuit city is good...

3. lokiju macrumors 6502

The problem with any case out there is that stuff gets behind it and after time it can cause it's own damage.

The only solution I've found is to do a full body skin.

There are a number of options out there from InvisibleSheild to Ghost Armor to Bodyguardz.

I personally have and am still using a Bodybuardz body skin for my 3G but they do offer it for 1Gen iPhones also.

I've been very happy with the product to date, but the back skin is a huge pain in the ass to install perfectly.

4. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

My phone didn't fit in my A18 case once I put on the IS. Besides, if you use the IS you don't really need the hard case unless you're worried about drops.

I suggest you check out Bodyguardz though cuz I ended up taking off my IS and going naked. No matter how well you put it on, the corners will lose their adhesiveness and start to come up. Once this happens it starts to develop a yellow tinge that is pretty unsightly. I've heard BGz conform to the corners better.

5. chrismac00 macrumors 6502a

Get the Incase Slider. It's the best case and it doesn't add much size to the iPhone compared to other cases. And get an anti-glare film. Best match :D

6. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

i need a case that is well...non scratching for 1st gen also!...i need a belt clip that i dont ever need to take the phone out of the case...like the whole case has a built in holster, and its either A) leather, or B) plastic...and i dont need to flip anything or slide anything or anything to see the screen, i want the screen to be open to air, WHILE its on my belt clip