Best Screen Protector for rMB 2015 Retina Display

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by sunshine92, May 6, 2015.

1. sunshine92 macrumors newbie

hello guys, what are you using or intending to use for screen protector for the retina display? eg Moshi and Zagg? which model within the brands?

i've looked through the forums and most of the posts are in 2012 for the MBP and was just wondering if anyone has any updated screen protector they prefer since then.

reason for screen protector: i'm the kind who has tons of finger prints on my screen :eek: having read that some retina display "peeled off" even after cleaning with special lotion bought from the apple store, i am not gonna take chances. :p

i came from an 11 inch MBA and 13 inch MBA and i'm waiting for my 1.3/256 silver rMB to be delivered end of the month. :)

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

What happens if the screen protector's adhesion causes the coating to flake off once you remove it?

I can't answer why the older rMBP's coating is flaking off, but are you sure the screen protector will guard against that?

3. sunshine92 thread starter macrumors newbie

@maflynn you are right! that's exactly what i'm not sure of! especially since the posts that were in 2012 in the other forums on the best screen protector were posted when the retina macbook pro just came out!

That's why i think it is helpful, not only for me but others as well if this is our first retina machine (an expensive one too :x) , if others who have a retina mac experience could advice and update :p

i've been using non-retina for the last 5 years - i used to buy screen protectors in the beginning first year, then stopped using them and eventually I would just wipe down the screen fortnightly with just water and it is still working fine, screen still intact! :D but it seems wiping down could cause the flaking for the retina screen:(