Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
i need a new screen protector and was wondering in your opinion which is best, Stealth Guards, Best skins ever, gadgetshieldz? plz help!!!

reliantj

macrumors 6502
Sep 8, 2008
best is subjective with shields.

depends what you're going for and what attributes each has, even the bad qualities. you'll need someone who's used as many brands as possible otherwise most people will tell you whichever they have is the best.

i'm sure you're looking for clarity, ease of installation, texture, price, etc.

i've only dealt with Zagg since i get a discount. As far as i can see, their product got better from when i had my 3g. its still got an orange peel texture, but not as bad. and it's less tacky than i remember. and it's got a lifetime warranty for if and when it gets messed up. they'll send another one for $3.00 shipped.

bigbro1096

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 9, 2010
best is subjective with shields.

depends what you're going for and what attributes each has, even the bad qualities. you'll need someone who's used as many brands as possible otherwise most people will tell you whichever they have is the best.

i'm sure you're looking for clarity, ease of installation, texture, price, etc.

i've only dealt with Zagg since i get a discount. As far as i can see, their product got better from when i had my 3g. its still got an orange peel texture, but not as bad. and it's less tacky than i remember. and it's got a lifetime warranty for if and when it gets messed up. they'll send another one for $3.00 shipped.

does the lifetime warranty cover problems such as lent getting under it or even troubles when trying to install it? btw do you think it is good and protective?

ChrnoXIII

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2010
does the lifetime warranty cover problems such as lent getting under it or even troubles when trying to install it? btw do you think it is good and protective?

yes it covers lint going under the edges and besides, :p if you screw up the install just say you are sending your phone off to be serviced and they'll send you another one for free under "warranty"

my friend used it on his iphone 4 recently - part of the reason i ordered mine - and it is great, protects the phone real good. feels slightly tacky (but gets better with time). clarity is good. the amazing retina display is still amazing, dont you worry. i feel i shud mention they protect helicopter blades as well lol... zagg seem to love that part of their marketing

rmul86

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
Boston, MA
If your only looking to protect your screen from scratches, Power Support Crystal films are the way to go. They do not have that annoying adhesive that all other skins have (zagg, bodyguardz, sgp, clear coat, phantom skinz, wrapsol, ghost armor, etc...) They are removable and reusable. There is no orange peel effect because it is not a rubbery texture, it is basically a glass like texture, you cannot notice any difference between a naked iphone and a power support protected iphone. I am going to use a Power Support Front and Back screen protector with a bumper combo. Keep in mind though Power Support will not be shipping their screen protectors till the end of this month.

Sgt93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
TX
The Zagg blows! $30 wasted on it. Sure you can get another and pay for shipping and have the same problem. Never again.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.