best screen recorder???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by AeroBar, Feb 25, 2010.

1. AeroBar macrumors 6502a

Hi,

Can anyone recommend which screen recording software is the best for video capture in Leopard 10.5? I need the capture area to be adjustable.

Cheers

2. DoFoT9 macrumors P6

DoFoT9

i generally use SnapPro X. its pretty cool :)

there is another, Screen Recorder i think..

3. sl1200mk2 macrumors 6502

I've found for recording video that ScreenFlow is the best. Not the least expensive out of all of them, but in my trials produced the best results with video.

Had you mentioned something other than specifically needed to record video I probably would have suggested something less expensive like iShowU.

Good luck -

4. SHADO macrumors 6502a

SHADO

I use ScreenFlow and Screenium for my recording needs. Depending on what you need to record, you could try the built-in option in Quicktime X (if you have SL).

5. neilsmth11 macrumors newbie

Well there are various screen recorder offering different features but the best in free offerings are QuickTime Player and Icecream Screen recorder for Mac. Icecream screen recorder and monosnap also allows you to add annotation in recording and you can even record Voice and Webcam video stream together. But if you are looking for a profession production app with lots of features then go for Snagit or Camtasia as they are leaders in screen recording App for Mac. there are lot more such app that can actually meet your need. I have found this nice article on best screen recorder app for mac whic has put all such apps together nicely with how to videos on youtube.

6. kohlson macrumors 6502a

I've used Screenfloow and Camtasia, the latter for several years. If all you need is video screen capture, QT X works great. Camtasia and Screenflow have annotations, call-outs, captions, screen controls (PiP, fades/effectspan/zoom) and much more. Screenflow used to be full-screen only capture, with the ability to crop after the fact. May still be the case. Camtasia allows both adjustable capture and post-capture cropping.