Best Screencast App? (Full Screen and Window/Selection)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by thriii, Sep 22, 2010.

1. thriii macrumors 6502

Whats the best screencast app out there? I'm interested in recording at full screen and the ability to do window/selection.. Are apps like this even able to capture audio? for example if i were to record a skype call/video chat or somethin like that

thanks!

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

3. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

does screenflow record in a window?..

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I don't use it, but you can check out their site for details.

5. thriii thread starter macrumors 6502

i checked it.. which is y i made the topic in the first place.. it says nothin ive seen about recording to a window but u can record full screen and crop it to the area u want.. im goin to be usin screenflow while i use photoshop to digitally paint.. so rather not record the full screen since it will use more of my computer than it has to

6. MarkSliced macrumors newbie

MarkSliced

I don't do this very often, but I use QuickTime for full screen capture. One of my friends records tutorials for his clients and he uses Snapz Pro X.

7. steveoc macrumors regular

Snapz Pro allows you define a specific area of the screen to record which, of course, could be a window. It doesn't do much else for the $69 price tag. Screenflow which does not allow you to do so, has a lot more features for $99. I have used both. Camtasia for the Mac allows you to define an area, but weighs in at $149. I have not tried Camtasia.

8. kRobbin macrumors member

kRobbin

I'm interested in window capture too, not full screen. Any idea if it's on the roadmap for QuickTime?

9. gglockner macrumors 6502

gglockner

I looked at these programs a few months ago. IIRC, you can download trial versions of all the major ones and test them yourself to see what is best for your needs.