Best screenshield to go with Candyshell?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Awjvail, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Awjvail macrumors 6502

I've got the Speck Candyshell with the Zagg Invisibleshield, and, pardon my French - it looks like ass.

I've been very dissatisfied with the Invisibleshield product... I've been through two so far, and have installed exactly to their specifications. They've always come out looking like I've laid stucco or rolled an orange peel over my screen or something.

Now, the edges are peeling up and it looks even worse than usual.

Is there any screenshield that won't peel with the Candyshell? Is Bestskinever any good with cases?

Thanks

2. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

Any screen protector should work, I haven't had any issues with the candyshell lifting my screen protector. And I'm not a big fan of the invisishield on my touch screen, only used it on the back for protection.

3. Awjvail thread starter macrumors 6502

Thoughts on the BSE? It is over $10 cheaper than most other shields.

4. mpossoff macrumors 68020

Att store installs them for you and they installed mine nice.

5. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

BSE are downright awesome. The only issue with them is that they don't come with the solution or squeegee. It's easy to make the stuff but can be a pain if you have never used/made it before.

Overall the BSE looks better if you are going to coat the entire device. If you are just doing the back, then it really doesn't matter.

For a Candyshell or any case that comes over the glass really, don't use a wet install product. Rubbing it the wrong way will peel it and more than likely permanently damage it.

I use the Power Support Anti glare most of the time when I used an actual case. They seem to hold up a little better than the crystal ones and as far as brand goes, to me they are easier to put on than any of the many I have tried and used (SGP, iFrogz, InvisibleShield Dry, etc...). The SGP in particular seem to never go down for me correctly around the earpiece.

Currently I have a BSE on the front and back with a transparent Lucky Labs Spectra Wrap 2.0. I use an Element Vapor AR-15 around the sides to bulk it up and make it easier to play games as well as lift it slightly off the table. Luckily unlike most, I don't have the reception problems (know on wood).

6. Awjvail thread starter macrumors 6502

Never thought of the Power Support one... how do they hold up over time?

Does the "anti glare" make the screen matte?

7. ItsJustafnPhone macrumors 6502a

all screen protectors are going to peel if your invisible shield peeled ( that really shouldn't be happening if you give it 24 hours to dry completely )

the IS/bse are great for rear shields since it adds extra grip, but wouldnt really recommend it for the front screen ( too much drag )

Bodyguardz has a lot less drag, but will not heal when scracthed when compared to the IS/BSE, also its not as grippy, so it can work for the front

any matte screen protector will add graininess, "sparkling" to solid colors, and will reduce the resolution of the iPhone 4 display

I would go with a SGP Oleophobic, it still shows fingerprints but it wipes off extremely easy compared to other clear shield

cheers

8. paulmacbeth macrumors member

I've got a power support crystal on mine and had no problems with peeling on the candyshell. As long as you don't mind cleaning it on a daily basis, crystal is the way to go!

9. Meltdownblitz macrumors 65816

I agree with this.

10. rapaleeman macrumors 6502

I had the anti glare on my phone for over a month of heavy usage. I dropped it a few times in both a candyshell and an Otterbox commuter (I went on vacation and didn't take care of my phone like I should have).

Anyway, it had a few minor dings but it held up really well. I wiped it down every once in a while and it was all good. The others I had on my phone before hand showed scratches pretty easily (mainly the SGP Oleophobic and the Crystal).

Personally I haven't tried the Crystal from PS. The anti glare worked really well and didn't degrade the screen as much as I thought. It obviously wasn't as bright but movies and games still looked amazing with zero in the way of hazing.

I finally took it off and stuck a BSE on it since the Vapor case I have does not come over the face of the phone and would have no reason to peel. It is pretty good and easier to clean since I can just wipe it on my shirt. It makes the phone a little more grippy which is actually a plus.

If I ever put my phone back in an actual case then it will get the other PS anti glare I have.