best setting for canon hfs100

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by dummies2, Jul 31, 2009.

1. dummies2 macrumors newbie

i just got this camcorder and tested it out. for some reason when i selected cinema mode and 24pf or 60pf, it really laggy and has horizontal lines around any movement objects. if i switch to 30pf then it's fine and very clear. I haven't tested other modes yet. Can anyone explain to me why this happen on such good camera as most people say it is? maybe i have the setting wrong. can someone show me the best setting for it?

i also would like to import the file from the sdcard to my mac into final cut pro 6 without using the usb to plug the camcorder in? i don't want to use any converter to convert mts file but just strictly from apple like fpc or if i have to iMovie(prefer to use fpc only if there's a way). thank you very much for your help. i really need to figure this out. i got a 2 quad core 2.26 with fpc6. thanks again guys

2. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Well, the camera has a CMOS sensor and they tend to not hold up well processing fast movement in certain shooting modes.

If you want to be able to mount AVCHD volumes in FCP without the camera connected, you can try creating disk images for each card using Disk Utility. It usually works, but just make sure the folder structure is kept intact, otherwise Log & Transfer might not recognize the volume.