Best setting for FRIENDS DVD - Its a different Q.

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by HelixOmnimedia, Mar 6, 2011.

1. HelixOmnimedia macrumors 6502a

HelixOmnimedia

You're all thinking, oh no not anther "best setting" questions.... but here's something different.

I've converted 45 TV Series to iTunes (works on iPhone, iPod, iPad, AppleTV) from Simpsons to Star Trek to Gilmore Girls... my next challenge is FRIENDS.

However, the settings I've been using (and worked with all the rest) is making the "movements" in Friends fuzzy. I hope that makes sense.

Why is this series so difficult to get a good quality out of it.

2. Omne666 macrumors 6502a

3. kiranmk2 macrumors 6502a

kiranmk2

I'm going through Friends at the moment. The pilot episode has some bad AV-syncing present on the DVD that threw me and there's a lot of grain/bad picture quality (pixelation, smearing) on the DVDs too. I'm using an RF of 22.5 and the episodes are coming out between 150-250 MB and look the same as the source. No point in boosting the RF if the source is bad. Also annoying is that the commentaries are stored as separate titles rather than a secondary audio track which is really wasteful in terms of space - I rip the commentary "title" with a very low bitrate ipod preset and then move the commentary over to the other version using Subler.

4. rodman109110 macrumors 6502

I ripped the Friends series a while ago and noticed that the first couple of seasons aren't of the greatest quality. You could try the putting deinterlacing, decombing, or detelecing settings on but I think thats what I did and it didn't seem to make a difference. You may just have to deal with a lower quality on the early seasons unfortunately.