Best settings for Firefox RE: Mobileme

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by jdbc, Feb 17, 2009.

1. jdbc macrumors newbie

So, I have a bit of a story, but I'd really like to get it figured out, if anyone can help:

While I can use Safari, the sites I go to most aren't fully compatible with Safari yet (university web services, ebay) so I use Firefox, in the interest of efficiency.

In the last few months, Mobileme has been, quite simply, flipping out.

It makes emails disappear in the middle of writing them

It makes sent emails or replies disappear, meaning that I have to send them again, not knowing if the first email or reply went through

It constantly cycles itself back to the inbox

It gives constant errors about moved or deleted folders that haven't been touched

when you type into the address bar above mobileme, the browser doesn't go to the new address, it cycles back to my inbox

I'll be selecting multiple emails to throw away, and mobileme will cycle back to the inbox in the middle of doing that and everything I've selected will be unselected, meaning I have to go through it and do it again

Mobileme support chat (useless, btw) has tried telling me that it's some sort of "network issue" with my internet, but I take my MBP to the apple store and it does the same thing there on their wireless network, so I know thats not the issue. In fact, I could show the "Genius Bar" how buggy mobileme was on Firefox, at which point I said "You know, it's entirely unethical that you charge me to beta test your product without my consent" and within five minutes, they refunded me cash for my annual fees since mobileme came out...I'm not AS pissed since I'm now not paying for this problem child, but I would like to know if someone out there has any idea what settings I should be using to make mobileme work in firefox. I'm not asking for magic, but if there is some sort of script, setting, plug-in, whatever, please tell me so that I can continue to use Mobileme on Firefox without all of these issues. Mobileme is pretty much the worst site I go to because of these problems - nothing else gives me these kind of problems on FF, but I will say that it occasionally locks up, regardless of the site it's on - I haven't been able to figure that out, either, but if I could fix that and the mobileme crap in one swoop, I'd be ecstatic.

Also, I looked on the Mozilla site for answers, but I couldn't find what I was looking for (used both the search function and the question function - maybe I didn't ask right).

Any answers are definitely going to be appreciated, thanks in advance.

2. dice1976 macrumors newbie

dice1976

Interestingly enough... this problem also occurs for me. And I guess they (apple) have not fixed it. I show the same exact problems as described below with no fix in site (and I'm even somewhat of a tech wizard and I can't figure it out).

I was pointed in firefox to the about:config page and the accessibility.blockautorefresh key which is set to false by default. I was told by setting it to "true" it would no longer refresh (or auto refresh) any page. but for mobileme this was not the case.

If you have heard anything about a fix, tweak or work around I would be grateful to know what to do.

In any case, I hope that they (apple) make mobileme free or at least fix all this beta buggyness...