Best Shredder?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by eric/, Oct 28, 2012.

1. eric/ Guest

eric/

Been looking to invest in a good shredder for sensitive documents. What's the best, but affordable one? Or what do you use? Pics are great too if you have it in your home.

2. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

Whatever shredder you get, make sure it's crosscut. For best possible security, micro crosscut is the best choice, but also more expensive. Right now I'm using a cheap Fellows P58Cs I got from Costco for $60. It's not for heavy duty use, but for my needs it's perfect..

Attached Files:

3. eric/ thread starter Guest

eric/

Thanks for the picture. That's pretty much what I'm looking for. I need something that's tough enough to shred credit cards, but nothing industrial or anything, strictly personal use.

4. APlotdevice macrumors 68040

APlotdevice

5. Mr. McMac Suspended

Mr. McMac

It does do credit cards, one at a time though. It's not powerful enough to do CD's. What's nice about buying from Costco, they have the greatest (unwritten)return policy, almost limitless. Just save the box, etc.

6. lewis82 macrumors 68000

lewis82

7. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

You want a cross shredder. Impossible to put pieces back together. Just depends on how many sheets you want to do at once. The more sheets, the more expensive.