Best SIM card adapter for iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iBlazed, May 28, 2014.

1. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I have a first generation iPhone and I ruined the SIM reader inside the phone because the prongs in the reader got caught in a small crevice where you put the nano-sim into. Needless to say, the phone is now not usable as a phone and I want to have a functional first generation iPhone just to as a collector's item so I replaced it with one I found on ebay for $30, I snagged it as soon as it was listed, the prices are skyrocketing for first gens right now. The broken one is going to my little niece to play with.

Annnnyyywayyyyy. The reason I ruined the sim reader was because of a cheap nano sim adapted. Most of them are like this. The nano sim doesn't click into the adapter securely and can move around inside the iPhone. These adapters work fine for phones that don't use a SIM tray, but not acceptable for an iPhone. What's a good SIM card adapter that securely holds the nano sim and doesn't have any crevices when there is a nano sim inside it for the prongs to cling to. Does anyone know of a good adapter that's iPhone tested and approved?

2. EDH667, May 28, 2014
    Last edited: May 28, 2014

EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

SAdapter is by far the best. They are the only ones I will use now. They are pricey if purchased from SAdapter but Vebee online has them at a reasonable price. They are made in Germany to the original SIM tolerance. The Nano Sim snaps in and doesn't fall out.

http://www.sadapter.com

http://www.vebee.com/sadapter-nano-...adapter.html?gclid=CJqQzOXOz74CFUOSfgodO2UA5w

3. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

4. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Best SIM adapter I've ever seen. Thank you so much, it's worked great and doesn't damage the iPhone 2G

5. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Glad to hear it worked for you. I almost broke a phone using one of the cheap adapters before I found these.

6. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I broke 2. One of which I attempted to open to remove the adapter but then ended up puncturing the battery (didn't end well) and the other one which currently belongs to my 10 month old niece. :cool:

7. eelw macrumors 6502a

eelw

Ah I was wondering how quality difference of a sim adapter would come into play. I have a $10 one from small cell phone shop. It has tape on the adapter. Haven't had a problem when swapping my nano sim into the adapter for when I need it in my iPhone 4. I'm not afraid it will come loose and get stuck inside the phone.

8. iBlazed thread starter macrumors 68000

iBlazed

I've only used cheap ebay ones before this. They were made for phones that don't use a sim tray, like a lot of android phones.