Best simple photos editing app for mac??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by XheartcoreboyX, Jul 9, 2007.

1. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

i want a programme(free or not) that lets me simply editing my photos..
    i need to:-
    *must work with [ jpg-gif-bmp].
    *resize/crop/rotate photos
    *change brightness.
    *add text and a simple brush.
    *photo repaire,like(heal or clone)-you know to hide something in a photo like a pimple or whatever XD to make it look better.

i dont want photoshop i cannot use it,
    thankss!! :D:rolleyes:

2. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

You might try to score an invite to the Skitch private beta....I hear it's a great app that should do everything you want.

3. barr08 macrumors 65816

barr08

Gimp is a nice app that does everything you need and is genreally easier than photoshop.

4. XheartcoreboyX thread starter macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

well i dont need to score an invite or whatever..its being downloaded by torrent=D..i think its going to be useful...

many people recommended it so its being installed(the pc version) on my pc >_> ..i will get my mac in couple weeks or something -_-

i download (gimp) but then asked me to download (gtk+ )as well..and i did download it but it doesnt have an installer?? its like some folders containts files..how do i install it >____<:confused:

5. tilman macrumors regular

How about Photoshop Elements then? It does all you need, and is pretty straight forward to use.

6. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

I think you still need X11 to run GIMP, and seeing as how the GIMP is supposed to be an OSS version of Photoshop, I think it's overkill for what the OP wants.

I stand by my recommendation for Skitch, or, if you can't find an invite to Skitch, you might also look at ImageWell.