Best Siri Alternative

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ZacNicholson, Jun 6, 2012.

1. ZacNicholson macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

I recently have been trying to get a faster, not as laggy Siri alternative for my iPhone and i finally found one. its called "SkyRa1n" you have to add a repo but idk if i can post it due to the MacRumors rules. but it takes way less ram than Spire/Spite and Ac1d Siri. has anyone else used skyra1n?

2. The LPT macrumors regular

i use it, and have noticed it doesn't eat up as much resources on my iPhone4 as spire. Occasionally, when I opened up the messages app or settings, it would sit there on the splash screen for a good 10-15 seconds before it loaded up. Now with SkyRa1n the longest I've had to wait was about 6 seconds.

SkyRa1n still requires a proxy server to work.

3. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Wait until iMZDL's Siri port goes live. Uses less RAM, is far quicker in terms of response times, and is far more integrated with their own proxy servers. You will like it.

I'm one of many beta testers trying it out prior to the public release.

Very, very impressed and I've used all the Siri ports thus far but have always been an iMZDL proxy customer.

4. The LPT macrumors regular

sweet I use imzdl's proxy. I can't wait. Is there an ETA?

5. WeegieMac Guest

WeegieMac

Nothing as yet, but it seems if you couple their port with their proxy you get the optimal experience. I was the original advocator of iMZDL and their SiriZone on here, and I'm happy to endorse their Siri port also.

You'll be impressed.

6. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

ive used it and the install is easy

skyra1n rocks

with siri on and a free proxy server for testing, i use SBsettings to free memory and i get up to 327mb of free ram at a time.

:D much better than buggy spire/spite

7. ZacNicholson thread starter macrumors 6502a

ZacNicholson

Here is how to get skyra1n.
    be sure you go into your settings-->general--->auto-lock--->never. then you will be good to go

1) You have to be jailbroken

2) once jailbroke "cydia" will be installed. go to the manage tab at the bottom of the phone, then sources, then edit, the add. once you hit add type in this address ---> "http://repo.technetec.com/beta" . one you have that typed in hit add source. then it will refresh

3) once refreshed, go into the source called "rainstone.co" and look for the tweek called "skyra1n" it should be the very last one

4) click on it, then hit install, confirm. once you do that the siri alternative will be installing. it will take about 10-20 min depending on your wifi/3g connection. after that it will say reboot device.

5) once you reboot the device, it should take you threw the apple set up where you want to hit "enable siri" (if this doesnt work just go to settings--->general--->Siri---> Siri (on/off) on---> fill out your info if you want to below.

6) respring again

7) settings--> skyra1n---> then add your server host

8) (maybe not needed depending on the siri server you use) go into safari then get your siri certificate

9) respring

10) hold down and test siri out by saying test. it should work!