Best site to buy a MacBook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by digitalove, Aug 25, 2014.

1. digitalove macrumors regular

Hi there,

I want to buy a MacBook Air '13.
    I was browsing some sites but most of them doesn't ship to Switzerland.
    Any idea?
    Also one that doesn't have the spin used in America.

2. Jon Rowlison macrumors newbie

We have Apple stores around the Minneapolis/St Paul area where I live, but I opted to buy my recent MacBook Pro at BestBuy (they would have shipped it to me for free, but I just picked it up in-store.)

The primary reason for me, aside from helping to keep a big box from going under to Amazon was they offered a 10% discount off of retail and 10% cashback for the purchase. After I bought the MacBook, they sent me $230 in store credit vouchers. Alternatively, they offered 18-months no-interest financing; but I didn't want to finance it.

3. akhilleus macrumors member

I would go with a reputable vendor like Apple, Best Buy, or some other big chain like that. I'm sure you might be able to get one on some random site a bit cheaper, but it all depends on trust and financing offers if you ask me. I bought my MBP from Best Buy because it gave me the option of 24-month financing which was a hell of a lot better than putting down a huge lump sum of money at once.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

Amazon

Amazon has some of the best deals around at the moment so as long as you want a stock confuguration then I would go with them.

5. thetechfixer macrumors 6502

thetechfixer