Best Site to Check My Credit Score?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by HappyDude20, Jan 17, 2011.

1. HappyDude20, Jan 17, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2011

HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

It's that time of the year again, where I check my credit score in January. Ideally it would've been done by now, i'm just now catching up.

For the past 2 years i've been checking my credit score at the beginning of the year. I've been building up credit for the past 3 years. Now at the age of 22 I'm wanting to simply check in here at the forum to see if anyone believes a great site exists to check my credit score.

I always create a new folder on my desktop every january, of which houses my up-to-date credit score info.

Upon checking/reviewing last year's credit score, of which it seems took place 01/15/10, it seems I used AnnualCreditReport.com

So simply put, am wondering if I should use them again, or if someone else here really suggests something else. I don't remember having problems with AnnualCreditReport, and if I remember correctly they allowed me to see my score from all 3 major companies.

EDIT: So I guess I couldn't wait and went ahead w/ AnnualCreditReport.com, but this still doesn't give me my FICO score. For $7 it seems Equifax will give me their score, but for $15 they'll include my FICO score. I don't know if I've ever seen my FICO score, I may in fact bite the bullet...........................i dont know. Kinda feels like I'm talking to myself here. (..Cries)

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I have used them in the past to check my credit report and it was sufficient for me

Not sure the reason to go further in depth, but usually you have to pay for additional services

3. Shakko macrumors member

Check out creditkarma.com. They will tell you your score, your credit report, and will let you monitor it all for free. The score is based on Transunion but I think its pretty accurate, and completely free. I've been tracking my score on there for maybe half a year or more now, and its nice to see to be able to see how it changes over time :)

Oh, and if you don't already, sign up for Mint and track your all your purchases!

4. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

annualcreditreport.com is the one you need to use. Don't "cheap" out and find some random website. This is your identity you're filtering into their website in an effort to get information back. You don't want to mess with sites that claim they'll give you something but none of the bureaus back them.