Best site to trade in iphone 6?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ndirish345, Sep 9, 2016.

1. ndirish345 macrumors member

I just pre-ordered the iphone 7+. And part of the process asked me if I wanted to trade in my current iphone 6. I said sure. During my last upgrade/pre-order to the iphone 6, I got like $125-$150 from verizon for my phone. So, it gives me a little appraisal questionare and everything is perfect with my phone, so I selected the corresponding boxes. Then I clicked appraise and they are offering $36.90 for the phone. I contacted Verizon and they told me that this is the outright trade in value. $36???

So, I declined the trade in and will be keeping the phone..for now. I checked out Gazelle, and they are offering $190. Are they going to be the highest? Or are there other sites? I went to Amazon but it looks like they only accept unlocked phones. Mine wouldn't be considered an unlocked phone, right? Or would it? Looks like Verizon is offering $295 for my phone. What exactly is unlocked? I thought it meant a phone that doesn't belong to a carrier.

Thanks!

2. Sammypurple macrumors regular

Sammypurple

I don't know if they will be the highest but I have had really good experiences with Gazelle in the past.

3. srharris22 macrumors member

I put in my 64 GB iPhone 6 into verizon trade in during pre order and it said $650, but as a monthly credit and had to stick for 24 months to get full credit. worked out to $27/month so new 128GB 7 Plus only about 10/month.
    However, my wife's phone has a crack across bottom corner of screen, so I clicked box that said "no" for free from cracks and screen works, and showed $110 trade in value.
    Well ill freaking get screen replaced for extra $540.......
    Anyway, check out verizon trade in deals once stores open today.

4. bmms8 macrumors 68020

5. ndirish345 thread starter macrumors member

Ya that is what I thought this was. Mine is a iphone 6 64gb in flawless condition and it said trade in value is $36.90 which is absurd. I then contacted Verizon and asked if that $36.90 was what I would be getting per month for my 2 year contract and they said No, that is the outright buy back price.

6. JKick23 macrumors newbie

JKick23

Apple is offering more money than Gazelle but they pay you via Apple gift card.

7. silentbob007 macrumors regular

I've always had great luck with buybackworld. They have always offered more than Gazelle for what I've looked at and send you a box with prepaid label and padding. It rarely seems worth the hassle to risk getting stiffed by an online customer scammer.

8. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Verizon is offering a $650 trade-in promo for iPhone 6 and 6S, if you are buying the iPhone 7 on a payment plan.

Check out the details here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/verizon-offering-iphone-7-for-0-with-trade-in.1993260/

I just pre-ordered two phones, and locked in a $1,300 trade-in for our two old phones.

Attached Files:

9. seabee3 macrumors newbie

Amazon is still paying out pretty nicely, but also in a gift card. They are giving me $300 for my iPhone 6 Plus 64gb in acceptable condition.

10. ndirish345 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that. I need to give verizon a call today. I purchased my new iphone 7 through the payment plan. So I have no idea what is going on.

11. benfica88 macrumors regular

Nextworth seems to be offering the most right now.

12. Chele macrumors member

Chele

I agree with the above poster, I've found Nextworth to give the most. I've used them a couple of times and the process was smooth and easy. I am probably going to trade with them this time too.

13. DDustiNN macrumors 65816

DDustiNN

Basically they will give you a $27.08 bill credit for 24 months, if you trade in your 6.

14. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Unless you just can't possibly be bothered, and are okay being completely ripped off while someone else makes the money off your device, you should never use a trade in site of any type. List the phone on Craigslist, or Swappa, or eBay. You'll nearly double your money for a very minimal effort.