Best Site To Upload HD Videos To?

Discussion in 'Digital Video' started by HappyDude20, Jan 12, 2010.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

I'm not too sure about YouTube, though I would enjoy the ability to allow only certain people to view certain videos I post up. I recently got a Flip Mino HD and having it for a week now I've already taken up 30GB's on my MBP.

I need a place to upload these videos, in HD of course but have been hearing bad things about YouTube as of late.

(As posted here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=848005)

Essentially I want to be able to upload in HD and not worry about my videos disappearing a year or two down the road. I'm planning on getting an external HD, I currently have a 160GB one but Fry's currently has a 1.5 TB External for $109.99

Simple Q: Best site to upload HD vids?

I know Vimeo does good quality, but I do enjoy the ease of directly YouTube uploading from iMovie 09.

2. mstrze macrumors 68000

We upload our videos to YT and have had no issues. Our Flip HD videos look great. We have some movies that are 2 years old up there...and they are still there. I have a video that I uploaded 4 years ago that is still there. NO deletion....and this has maybe 25 views.

You can limit who can see you videos too, if that's a problem.

I am only saying go with YouTube since iMovie makes it so ease to share with YouTube.

I have not tried any other sites as we have been extremely happy with Youtube.