Best Skin Ever Rewiew for iPod Touch 2G With Pictures!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by baseball-kid8, Sep 26, 2008.

1. baseball-kid8 macrumors member

I just got my Best Skin Ever in the mail today for my iPod Touch 2G. I have to say that this was a great deal. It was very easy to put on especially for someone who has never done anything like this before.
    The back and front dried in about 5 minutes and the only tough spots are around the headphone jack and one side on the back. I will wait a few minutes and try to get those to stick.
    This thing fits the iPod perfectly and covers 98% of the iPod and even the home button. It has a smooth feel to it and shows very little fingerprints. It it very hard to scratch as well.
    The front looks great but it looks like there is a very small gap around the edges next to the chrome. The Back looks good and was surprisingly easy to put on considering that the edges of the ipod are curved.

Here is the link to the pictures:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/30858056@N05/

2. Sil3ntP8nd8 macrumors newbie

the back is better than the one from invisible shield...it looks like it covers the whole thing, zagg doesnt cover the corners

3. BennyK macrumors 6502

I want to know if this would fit into something like the Griffin iClear case with the BSE on the iPod. I want to have the iClear for when I go running and the BSE for all other uses. Any idea?

4. baseball-kid8 thread starter macrumors member

I'm guessing that it would considering that the BSE are very thin. I am doing getting a iClear when they come out. I had one for my 1st gen. and loved it.

5. baseball-kid8 thread starter macrumors member

I can't comment on BSE compared to invisible shield because I have never used an invisible shield before. I can say that the BSE cover the corners as well as around the headphone jack and dock connector. That's kind of stupid that Zagg doesn't make it cover the corners.

6. sebast1anc macrumors member

I have the invisibleshield on my 2G, and I had to apply the back 3 times to get it to fit, almost. I'm still not happy with it, and I struggled for at least a day to get the corner pieces to stick. The back was not designed well at all to fit with the curvature of the iPod. In the end I had to cut part of the corner pieces off so that they would stop peeling up, and they still bulge.

I think I might have to order one of these; it looks like the back was designed way better, and it's 1/3 the price.

7. BennyK macrumors 6502

Please let me know as I am very curious about these working together

8. sportguy0913 macrumors 6502

Question: When you say "Dry", do you mean they have adhesive that has to dry or were you just saying that and they are really antistatic?

Oh, and is it just as clear to see through the screen as it is without them? I mean does it add any filminess to the look?

9. baseball-kid8 thread starter macrumors member

I said dry because you have to dip the skin in soapy water and then put it on the ipod. Squeegee out the water and let it dry before you use it. It is best to let the corners and edges dry a little longer then the body so they will stick more when you press down on them.
    It does have a little orange peel effect ( I think that's what it's called). You can noticed it has a screen protector on it when you put it in direct light and focus on the glare. Other then that you cannot even notice that it's on. It is crystal clear; I can see no difference at all. Another great thing about it is that it will not show finger prints.

10. Jonnyfive macrumors regular

DAMN that new ipod touch is shinny! it looks great!