Best Skin Ever?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by liamkp, Jul 13, 2010.

1. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

I was thinking about getting a "full body screen protector" from them and was wondering if it was like an IS or Bodyguardz where you have to use the spray, or does it apply without it?

2. Charadis macrumors 6502a

Hi buddy, yes, it's practically the same. I have the BestSkinsEver full body protection on my iPhone 4. Does not come with sprayon solution, but it's simple to prepare. High quality material, and it looks great if you install it properly. Cheaper than IS, too.

-C

3. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

Thanks, i looked up a video on YouTube and found out. I think im getting one for my Nano 4G.

4. 99MustangGTman macrumors 6502

Installed a full body on my phone and I used some hand soap and water mixed in a spray bottle. I filled the spray bottle with approx. 10-12oz of water and only a squeeze of soap. I just used a credit card to remove the bubbles and let it sit for about 24hours and now it looks great!

5. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

6. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

Thanks. I watched a video of a 9 year old or so trying to apply one without the solution, it was pretty funny. ;)

7. mutantblack macrumors regular

that's how all the full body skins are to apply.

8. CellApparel macrumors newbie

The protectors that require you to use a solution work very well but are a risky install if you dont be careful. I have used a couple from zagg and they work well but are pricey.

9. Claude626 macrumors 6502

I have the best skin ever full body kit on my iPhone 4 and am very please with it.

You don't need the spray bottle really. Just get a shallow dish, put 1 drop of soap into it, add small amount of warm water and use your finger to mix it up a bit. Don't need to be a lot of water... just enough so u can dip the film fully under. I applied my kit after a shower in the bathroom where it's high moisture in the air, which reduces lint and dust flying around. Wiped my iphone surface with a micro fiber cloth(glasses comes with these) before every piece application. Dip my fingers into the water, peeled the film, dip the film fully into the water. Lift the film out and touch the corner of the film to the micro fiber cloth--this helps soak out the dripping wet water... leaving a mildly wet film.(wait a bit for the water to "drain" to the tip where u touch to the cloth to soak out the water) Apply to iPhone surface. Use credit card to squeeze out the water. Film might slide around, so hold down one end with thumb. Use same micro cloth to soak up the excess water. Squeeze out any air bubble. Film should be moist, but not wet at this point. Align film to perfect location. Wait for it to set before applying new piece.

This is exactly what I did and I have it very well aligned with zero bubbles.

On a trivial note... I had accidentally set my phone onto a piece of packing clear scotch tape... yea, the super sticky kind. When I removed the tape, it nearly took the BSE back skin with it! It was peeled a bit off my phone and a bit stretched. Simply smooth it back out and use a credit card to squeeze out the bubbles. This is all dry, too. It went back to being smooth as if nothing happened.

10. liamkp thread starter macrumors 68020

liamkp

I dont think its worth $17 more.