Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ctbear

macrumors 6502a
Dec 6, 2010
Did you get your clickwrap yet? I'm getting a little pissed! First Class Mail, according to USPS' site is supposed to take 1-3 days... these were supposedly accepted at USPS on the 13th, so it's now been 4 shipping days. My tracking shows NOTHING except accepted.

I'm beginning to wonder if they haven't been put into the system (i.e. mailed) at all yet! I know they've never been the fastest with getting stuff shipped (has been a complaint i've read on the FB for a couple years now). But i assumed once it was actually "mailed" we'd get it quickly, or at least within USPS time frame.

Ugh!

I have bought from them 3 separate times and they always did this. Basically they just create a shipping label to make you feel like the package is coming, but they won't actually physically ship it until about a week later.

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
I have bought from them 3 separate times and they always did this. Basically they just create a shipping label to make you feel like the package is coming, but they won't actually physically ship it until about a week later.

Ya... pretty crappy way to do business... The only thing that I really didn't understand is how they managed to get it to say it had been put into the postal system already! I've had other companies create a shipping label... but that's ALL the USPS tracking will say... This one said picked up...

Now, finally, last night it is showing more departed Witchita....

seatton

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2013
Seattle, WA
I am interested in a transparent skin for JB. If anyone could post a picture after installation, that would be very much appreciated. For now, I am using my spouse's JB iPhone 7 and waiting for my iPhone 7 Plus. If the skin is not good looking, I might have to cancel my order and get a Black phone without a case instead.

chairman16

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
I got my tracking number today too. I order the naked gloss for my iPhone 7 JB Plus. Are these easy to install? Ive never bought skins from them.
I ordered mine on 9/10 and shows a tracking number and says it's been picked up on the 12th. However, it's been 9 days and and it's still says picked up in KS and no movement.

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict

Bako-MacAddict

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2012
California
I ordered mine on 9/10 and shows a tracking number and says it's been picked up on the 12th. However, it's been 9 days and and it's still says picked up in KS and no movement.

Yeah I'm getting upset about this. Should of ordered BSE instead. I emailed to canceled my order and they longer can do that apparently . I guess they were waiting for the phone to get precise cuts, but I'm already getting impatient since my jet black plus came in. Rocking my iPhone at the moment is making me a little nervous lol. I should buy a case though, but I despite cases.

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
as others have confirmed, Best Skins Ever orders are now shipping. Ignore the 'pre-orders' thats on their site. It's live and in stock.

Foss

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2008
Last week I was concerned that my JB Plus would arrive before my skins. I've used Bodyguardz for years, but they posted on their site that the iPhone 7 skins will not ship until 9/21. At the time, I thought my phone would come before then. So I decided to try Slickwraps. It stayed in processing, and so I emailed them cancel the order. I've heard good things about BSE as well. So I put in an order with them. They stayed in processing. So I ordered Bodyguardz last night. Now, all three orders have shipped. AND, my phone is still in processing. Ugh sometimes things do not align correctly. I should post a review comparing all three!

spinedoc77

macrumors G4
Jun 11, 2009
My vote for Skinomi matteskin. Fits perfectly, sticks well as long as you take your time with the curves, and feels/looks great. I've used best skins ever before and IMO they kind of suck, poorly cut, material is a bit thick and they don't stick well or last long. Keep in m ind that the screen protector you get with the matteskin is garbage so just buy it for the back/rear protection and get yourself a glass for the front.

Edit: Bleh, retracting my positive review of the skinomi matteskin. I just opened it and they completely changed the design. On the 6s plus the back piece was one piece which wrapped around the sides and back. Really gave it the illusion of not even having a skin on and felt awesome in the hand. Now they ship it with a separate back, and sides/top/bottom so when you install it, it feels like a cheap skin. Plus the side/top/bottom strips are very prone to peeling. WTF skinomi?

Last edited:

caligurl

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 8, 2009
socal
So ... did you install it ! ? Mine is still stuck somewhere, hadn't moved since they created a label for me. I'm getting irritated. Lol

I did. I was a bit surprised when I got my order though. When I ordered, I had the option of getting the front/back/screen protector OR I could have chosen just the back or front. (I see they've now changed their site and there is no option on the naked to just get a front or back... there have been complaints on MacRumors before about them doing that when they were having a sale... I guess they don't take complaints to heart!) Since they were doing the 2 sets of skins for one deal I went for it figuring I'd get 2 back, 2 fronts (that would go over the white area of the screen and one glass that was supposed to just fit on the actual viewable screen portion.

my FB message question: does the tempered glass cover also cover the home button?

FIRST they answered:

Hello there, Thanks for reaching out with your questions! We will have to wait until we receive the phone in to ensure our measurements are accurate. I would say that the matte finish is more natural and it looks very nice! Also, the screens should be a full coverage type screen.

But then they came back with:

actually it is just the screen!

I reiterated with:awwww that's too bad... i figured since your website says "in stock" that they were ready to mail off. so the gorilla glass is just a rectangle for the viewable part of the phone and we put the naked around where the white or black is (just like the colored skins)?

10426884_816935168371303_8388427612989960969_n.jpg

Exactly!

The person answering the FB message knew exactly what I was expecting.

So I was extremely surprised to get ONLY the back pieces. And the screen protector is one of these type that looks plopped down on screen of the phone. ICK! Thank goodness I already had my rose gold screen protector!

Anyways.... installation took forever! haha! I've been sitting here watching TV and pressing my corners. I have one that isn't so great but I'm not taking it off and putting the other protector on just for that one corner.... I figure when it starts looking worn in a few months I can change it out. Pressing that corner a LOT has helped!

OH... another disappointment: Have you read how I keep saying I like how they cut out each individual speaker circle? Well that's the way my pink carbon and black w/white polka dots one was... this one, while it indents at each circle... they are NOT individual circles. Not a whole perfect oval circle but NOT the same as the other skins I've gotten from them!

The matte does look good on my rose gold phone... natural. Someone in another thread said it was too sparkly.. but i think it's very nice. And I like how it feels when holding the phone.

So not a complete loss but definitely not up to my expectations based on previous purchases! My phone is protected for now, at least.

OH! And while they give you 2 skins... you only get one little spray bottle of "naked juice" so not enough to put the 2nd one on... so I'll be doing the dish soap and water for that one when the time comes!

Reactions: Bako-MacAddict
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.