Best skin for iphone6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by csjasona, Sep 16, 2014.

1. csjasona macrumors newbie

What's your opinion on the likely "best" skin for the iPhone6 Plus? The skin would have to be comprised of front, back and full side coverage. I don't really like cases but I want something to stop my device getting scratched. I've used Zagg ones and Bodyguardz in the past, but neither of them seem to be making a full body protection kit (yet) for iPhone6 Plus.

2. Q Bert macrumors regular

Q Bert

I just dropped the bomb on Skinomi Full Body Armor and it's only $2 with a Lifetime Warranty. So even if it sucks, I only had $2 to lose (well, it's actually $6.99 with shipping) and I got to try unlimited. We'll see....

3. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Due to the shape of the 6 and 6+, it will not be easy to make a full skin to cover the entire case.

Even a screen protector will be difficult with the screen edges radiused into the metal case.

4. icebergx macrumors regular

Well, If it suck's you could end up with a damaged phone (although probably less damaged that rocking-it naked.
    I went for Best Skins Ever... I had a good experience with them on my 5s and their customer service is great. I also heard Phontom Skinz are good, but decided that BSE was he devil I knew :)

I agree with this... I expect to get a single front skin and and a single back skin, both with diagonal slashes in the corners, that fold over the curved edge of the screen/back. That's the only way I can see full coverage being achieved. It won't be easy to apply well though...

5. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

The 6 is going to be a lot easier compared to the 5/5s. There are no chamfered edges this time around.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

Think so? We will see how they cope with round edges on both the phone case AND the screen!:cool:

7. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

Definitely. It will be the typical relief cuts for the rounded edges.

I am betting they can even do a one-piece for the entire back/sides.

8. csjasona thread starter macrumors newbie

Skinomi have told me their 6+ full body kit does not cover the sides.

9. LxHunter macrumors 6502

I ordered Best Skins Ever for screen (case optimized) and back.
    I have used their skins on MacBooks and the fit is perfect.
    However, not sure how these will fit on the curved surfaces of the iPhone 6+.
    I have a MIME glass and Spigen Slim Armor S on my iPhone 5s.
    Have ordered the Spigen Neo Hybrid for iPhone 6+ and not sure how it may on may not interfere with curved edge.
    Maybe iPhone 6+ will be first I use without case?

10. ajm222 macrumors 6502a

Best Skins Ever here. Currently on sale. Always a good experience, and cheap. I went with matte for both screen and body. Unfortunately they never get these things to you on launch day. Probably won't see them until the following week even after paying for expedited shipping. Until then I don't know what I am going to do. Maybe leave it in the box (who am I kidding). I really wish they would show on their site what the 6 BSE will look like. They've already made them so I don't know why they don't have a picture up like they do for all the other models. But they're always good.

11. LxHunter, Sep 16, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2014

LxHunter macrumors 6502

They say they are waiting to receive the 6 and 6+ before cutting the skins.
    But I am as curious as you.
    In any case I like their skins and will give it a try.
    Went for matte back and clear screen.
    And the price plus shipping to Toronto is right.

From Best Skins Ever:
    "Because our patterns are designed off the actual phone we have to wait, just like everyone else, for the actual launch of the phone on September 19th. As such, we expect to begin shipping within one business day of the actual launch of the phone on Monday, September 22nd."