Best Skins Ever Glossy v. Matte iPad Air 2 ?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by mylexon20s, Feb 22, 2015.

1. mylexon20s macrumors regular

mylexon20s

Well I have been using my iPad Air 2 sometimes with the Apple Smart Cover, and other times with a Speck Stylefolio. The Stylefolio provides protection all around, and feels very secure. When doing homework or just browsing I like using the Smart Cover. My dilemma is that I don't like the fact that when using the Smart Cover the iPad back is vulnerable to scratches. As many other members do, I like to keep my devices pristine so that I can get top dollar if I decide to trade up.

With that being said, can any of you that have gone with Best Skins Ever or another full-body skin post some photos ? I have the White/Gold Air 2, and am trying to decide between the Glossy v. Matte.

Thanks in Advance!

2. perezr10 macrumors 6502a

I've been pretty happy with my iCarbons carbon fibre skin. It's kind of in between glossy and matte.

Attached Files:

3. AJB1971 macrumors member

If you have a look at this thread you will find some pictures of the matte body skin on my iPad Air -
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1664043

One thing you may want to consider is whether the extra thickness, although small, could make using the iPad with your Speck StyleFolio case more difficult. If you will be regularly inserting and extracting the iPad from the case, this could cause the skin to peel at the edges and it may also put too much stress on the plastic shell.