Best Skins Ever, good start!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Leonard1818, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Leonard1818 macrumors 68020

Just ordered BSE skin for my iPhone 5. I kinda wanna try going naked (just a skin) for a while. Just got this email from Best Skins Ever:

I thought that was pretty nice of them... I had no idea there was any BOGO sale going on. In fact, I contemplated buying 2 sets just in case I screwed one up during install.

Anyway, just thought I'd share. If their product is good, I'll be a horribly satisfied customer.

2. Leonard1818 thread starter macrumors 68020

Received and applied today. I like it! I'll go case-less for a while now. Excited about enjoying the iPhone as it was intended.

3. Leonard1818 thread starter macrumors 68020

p.s. they did in fact send 2 of them. :)

Install was pretty straightforward. I used baby shampoo this time around -- having used dish soap for my other installs. I've done a fair amount of wet vinyl installs previously (all auto-related) so I've got some experience with it. This was a bit more tricky since the pieces weren't as big as the auto applications I've done (tail lights, front bumper overlays) but if you have a steady hand, you can tackle this.

I'll update this thread if I have any adhesion issues down the line.

4. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Ive used BSE from the 3GS onward. Great product.

5. Leonard1818 thread starter macrumors 68020

Nice! I wish I had considered it sooner. See, my first iPhone was the 4s about a year ago. I put it in an Otterbox commuter case to keep it "pristine" as I knew my wife wanted it and would get it when the 5 came out. She doesn't care to have the latest/greatest and would actually prefer to have the "cheaper" phone (relative to the brand new one) since she's more prone to dropping/breaking it anyway.

So I kept it in excellent A++ condition for her and as soon as the 5 came out I picked one up for me. I got an otterbox commuter case for it but was disappointed with the changes that were made. I ended up with an incipio dual pro case as it more closely reflected the otterbox commuter of the 4/4s though it didn't cover the "ports"

I got to thinking about it and figured "heck, i've got an applecare+ warranty on the dang thing -- I might as well not worry so much about it". Plus, by the time I buy a case or 2 for it, I'm already at the $50 which is the deductible for exercising the Applecare+ warranty.

I still want to keep it as cosmetically "pristine" as possible so I figured I'd try out a skin. I did some searching and decided that the BSE offered the best of price/reviews.

It's a far cry from the Otterbox commuter case that I had wrapped around my 4s. I just love how thin the thing is without a case. Honestly. I love how I don't feel like I have a growth on my leg when it's in my pocket. It does honestly look pretty cool without a case too. I won't go as far as to say "sexy", "gorgeous", etc... but it looks good.