Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tragedies

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Aug 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
I just ordered a full body skin for my first gen iPod touch, because I mainly want one for the back (man that scratches easily!). I got a crappy DLO case i got for about 6 bucks (AUS) that came with a screen protector, which is currently on perfectly with no bubbles/dust particles etc.

The DLO Protector covers everything, except the home button, and it STOPS at the corners. Meaning, if you take a look at a first gen iPod touch, the DLO protector stops at the grey border, as do most. My question is, does anyone whos got, or seen the Best skins Ever iPod touch first generation skins know if the back complements my DLO? Menaing does the back of the Best Skin Ever protector cover the grey broder and stop? Or does it stop at the grey border, and the front of the BSE cover the grey border? I want to keep my DLO screen protector on (when it gets worn out, Ill have the front BSE to use), but I don't want a gap or overlapping of skins.

I hope this makes sense.

jnguyen4

macrumors 6502
Aug 27, 2006
I just ordered a full body skin for my first gen iPod touch, because I mainly want one for the back (man that scratches easily!). I got a crappy DLO case i got for about 6 bucks (AUS) that came with a screen protector, which is currently on perfectly with no bubbles/dust particles etc.

The DLO Protector covers everything, except the home button, and it STOPS at the corners. Meaning, if you take a look at a first gen iPod touch, the DLO protector stops at the grey border, as do most. My question is, does anyone whos got, or seen the Best skins Ever iPod touch first generation skins know if the back complements my DLO? Menaing does the back of the Best Skin Ever protector cover the grey broder and stop? Or does it stop at the grey border, and the front of the BSE cover the grey border? I want to keep my DLO screen protector on (when it gets worn out, Ill have the front BSE to use), but I don't want a gap or overlapping of skins.

I hope this makes sense.

http://www.zagg.com invisible shield.

baseball-kid8

macrumors member
Sep 16, 2008
i'm not sure. I got the 2nd generation one and I love it. It covers the silver outline on the 2nd gen. It's worth a shot, they're only like 8 bucks so if it doesn't work it's no the end of the world. Also, if it doesn't work with the DLO protector i would take it off and apply the BSE for the perfect fit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.