Best Skins Ever - Maybe not the best, but..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by mckyle, Jul 29, 2014.

1. mckyle macrumors newbie

So, I received my Best Skins Ever package (I got the one that includes all of the pieces, in the matte format) about a month ago. After living with it for that time, I've decided to let my opinion be known on it. I've heard a lot of good things, and not too many negative. Here's my perspective:

Pros:
    -You can barely tell that it's there - especially with the matte (not sure about the glossy version.) I would definitely splurge for that extra.

-Doesn't scratch easily. I've had a couple of close calls, and the skin looks as good as ever. No scratches on it OR my MBA!

Cons:

-Slightly tedious to put on, but you're warned about this from the beginning.

-Hard to get just right on the computer. If you do something wrong, you better correct that mistake quickly. The instructions say within 5 minutes, but from personal experience I would do it much more quickly.

-The solution you have to use seems a bit risky for such sensitive technology the skins are designed for. I'm not sure if there's any way around this.

-Bubbles took more than the 48 hours the interactions said would be needed.

Overall, I'm satisfied with the purchase. I would recommend it, but maybe not the whole package - I ended up only using the bottom and top pieces, I didn't want to risk putting the side pieces on.

The pictures are here to show you that you really can not tell that skin is there! This, to me, is the best part.

Attached Files:

2. aroych2 macrumors newbie

2nd that

I had the glossy on my older mbp. This time I opted for the matt for my 13" rMBP. Application takes patience, but the reward is worth it. I absolutely love the way it looks and feels. Without doubt the matt skin is worth the difference. After about thee months of use, I do not notice any corner peeling or yellowing. From my previous experience with BSE I won't be surprised ti see some of that showing up after year. I wish the price was < $20 so that reinstallation will be a bit easy on the budget.

I removed the skin from the older mac before selling it and had to clean some residual adhesive after the skin was removed. But this skin kept the body in pristine condition and makes it real easy to sell.