Best skins ever or incipio smart feather

Discussion in 'iPad' started by bduvinmac, Mar 23, 2012.

1. bduvinmac macrumors member

Have new iPad. Trying to decide whether to use best skins ever or the incipio smart feather for protecting the back of my iPad. Would love to hear your opinions and reasoning of why you choose one over the other. Thanks!!!

2. sekazi macrumors 6502

I have a iCarbon and soon to replace it with a Sticker Boy Extreme and I have to say I am probably going to stick with just the skin because not only are they durable but it is also impossible for dirt to get under them and scratch the iPad.

i can take keys to the back of my iPad and it will do nothing. I am not sure what a knife would do but it is durable.

EDIT:
    since when is sticker boy put together a curse word?

3. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

I prefer a hard case to prevent a random corner ding.

4. number84 macrumors 6502

They serve two different purposes. Can you use both? So you can take off the smart feather when you want to go near naked?

5. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

My iCarbon skin came in the mail today. Their video instruction makes it a breeze to install. I'm very happy with my purchase and highly recommend it.

[​IMG]

6. sekazi macrumors 6502

I am curious if you have the same issue as me with the smart cover. I noticed ever since I installed mine the smart cover has a tendency to slide around where it attaches. To me it seems mine is half on and half off the skin although the skin is nearly perfectly centered.

7. thatoneguy82 macrumors 68000

thatoneguy82

I had asked this a while ago. Arn (site owner) said that it was due to some sort of spamming. I had several email exchanges with sticker boy due some sticker issues and other stuff and they were aware of no such thing.

8. mrkjsn macrumors 6502

You know, I never noticed until you mentioned it. It doesn't slide for me during normal use, but it will slide if I make it to. I think it does have a minor negative effect on the smart cover but I'm very gentle with it when using it so I'm considering it a non-issue. I really have to give it an effort to make it slide. The skin does sit halfway under the magnets.

9. sparkhill macrumors regular

I have both on my iPad: the BSE skin and Incipio Smart Feather. They fit fine together.