Best Skins Ever question

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by weezite, Jul 30, 2008.

1. weezite macrumors regular

To all of you who have used Best Skins Ever, which backing did you use? The one-piece back or the two-piece? How easy was it to apply the film? Thanks.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

I used a similar film, Bodyguardz.

I applied the front first which was relatively easy. The back was more of a challenge since it is curved and had the tabbed sections for the sides. My first try was horrible and the 2nd was OK, but not perfect. The corners have bubbles and there was 1 air bubble I missed. It has a lifetime replacement ($5 processing fee) that I may use if it bothers me.

3. TechJunky macrumors regular

I got the 2 piece when I ordered about a month ago. Since then they changed their website and now offer both 1 & 2 piece. I sent them an email asking to exchange my 2 piece for a 1 piece. They said keep the 2 piece, we'll send you a 1 piece for free. Haven't installed either yet.

4. stevin macrumors regular

I've installed the 2 piece. the 1 piece wasn't available when I originally bought it.. but like the guy above they graciously sent me 1 piece replacements!! Amazing customer service!

I've installed the 2 piece 2 times... On my first black 3g and then on the replacement... Pretty easy installation. Just make sure you use a lot of solution...

I can see why BSE decided to go with the 2 piece... being able to put one side on at a time pretty much eliminates any chance of having bubbles... i didn't need to use a squeegee at all just my wet fingers. and you can hardly see the seem..

But I'll be using the 1 piece on my next phone (this seems to need to be replaced as well)

I never applied it on the front... used a crystal film instead...

5. weezite thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm using a PS Crystal Film for the front, as well. I'm just looking to get something for the back because I'm getting iSkin's new revo3 case and I'm afraid that sand or dirt will get under the case and scratch the phone up. How does the PS and BSE combo do for covering the whole phone? Also, how long did it take to get yours shipped to you?

6. stevin macrumors regular

I'd say about 3 days from order click to mailbox.

PS/BSE combo is basically the same as you'd get for any full body skin... The PS covers the screen well... which I'm sure you already know... and the BSE back piece covers MOST of the chrome bezel... On my iPhone it basically covers almost everything except for the flat part on the face of the phone. I'm reasonably content with coverage.. I'm just glad that it lets the back keep its shine and while it does get dirty and oily like the phone back would... its super easy to wipe of and get clean/sparkly... i just use my shirt.

If you have any other questions let me know.

7. Cross2 macrumors newbie

Does anyone have close up pics of the BSE 1 piece back and corners? I am curious to see how it is designed compared to BG.

8. watergun macrumors regular

Here are some pics of the Best Skin Ever 1 piece. Sorry for the bad picture quality. FYI, I have tried Invisible Shield, Body Guardz and BSE so far and I found BSE corner is the best.

Cheers.

Attached Files:

9. blueprint1983 macrumors 6502

you did especially well on the back, i have several bubbles.

I also didnt use enough solution apparently you are supposed to get it pretty moist.

10. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I've applied a 1 piece and a 2 piece back, IMO they are both the same as far as difficulty. I don't really think they are difficult, but the 2 piece leaves a seam in the middle of the phone that collects dust and lint.

Go for the 1 piece, it's not hard at all.

Use plenty of solution, and just wait a bit before you even worry about trying to get the corners to stick.

11. MadGoat macrumors 65816

MadGoat

I installed the BSE one piece last night, it went without a hitch.

Used lots of soapy water (I submerged the BSE right in it)
    let it drip for a few seconds
    made sure my hands were wet
    applied it
    lined it up
    was very very patient, it took about an hour to do the back.
    did the corners carefully and I have no Overlaps

had one large bubble that i took a very thin needle and went under the skin to drain it.

I am super happy with it.

The front got some dust, so I will have to use my spare and redo it.
    the front only took 15 minutes.

12. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

Damn I must be good, took all of 20 minutes to do the back, no bubbles, no flaps sticking up.

/toots own horn

13. bwjacket macrumors newbie

I just applied the single back piece today and just 2 hours later I couldn't be happier. It provides almost full protection of the chrome, and the back looks pristine.

As always, the corner pieces take a little more effort and patience, but nowhere near the patience needed to get an iPhone in the first place.

Set aside a couple of hours, be very thorough, and you'll be happy with the results for years (my launch day iPod touch looks new to this day). For the price and quality, BSE can't be touched.

14. tray macrumors member

Does the back and front of the skin still have that "Orange Peel" effect? I used the BSE on my old iPhone and the "Orange Peel" texture made watching videos in the outdoors difficult.

15. stevin macrumors regular

Just buy a powersupport crystal film for the front of your phone and use bse for the back... thats what I and a bunch of others have done.

16. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

I've installed both. The one piece looks better and IMO is just as easy to install as the 2 piece. In fact the 2 piece is more annoying because you have a seam to work with getting just right, even though they say it is easier.

Get the once piece, with the seam dust was getting stuck in between.

17. em5photog macrumors regular

em5photog

I used the one piece no to hard to put on there are some pictures and a review in my sig

18. brewno macrumors 6502

I ordered both Best Skins Ever and InvisibleSHIELD but BSE is the best. IS was huge and the cut was terrible.