best skins ever - safe?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ecwhite4S, Dec 17, 2011.

1. ecwhite4S macrumors 6502

Hello everyone, just joined. :) Got my white 4S in the mail just yesterday, and I have a best skins ever full body suit coming in the mail. I haven't even activated my phone yet, I wont until it's fully protected (best skins ever and griffin protector case, lol) Anyways, do you guys think the wet application procedure is safe for the iPhone? I'm sure a lot of people have successfully done it with no ill effects, but is it possible to damage it at all?

I do have experience with best skins ever. I applied a back skin to my old iPod touch 4G, and it was excellent quality, and never damaged it. So I was wondering if the iPhone is easier to ruin with water seeping into the speakers, edges, etc?

Sorry if this is a dumb topic, just curious as to what you guys think!

2. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

When using the squeegee to remove the liquid just be careful not to get it in the earpiece. Have a cloth ready around the edges when removing the liquid so it absorbs it. Don't spray the liquid directly to the device. Be careful not to get any liquid to the audio jack.

Take your time.

3. daemonite macrumors member

you'll be fine, just dont use that much water...what i found works is actually have a plate of water and putting the best skin ever into that, gently shaking off excess water and then applying it to my phone.

also keep your fingers wet!

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Yes (for the nth time).

These things have been installed on countless devices.

I'm sure it's possible. However, if you're using enough liquid to trip the water indicators or cause damage then yer doin' it wrong. You only need enough to reduce the tack of the protector so it can be adjusted during the install.

5. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Love bestskinsever!

I dunk the skins in distilled water then allow the excess to drip off then apply to the phone surface. I also mist the area where skin will be applied.

6. ecwhite4S thread starter macrumors 6502

I heard about the dunking method being good, but misting the area as in...misting your phone? Dunno if that's a good idea, lol.

Thanks everyone for the reassurance.

7. offcamber macrumors 6502

offcamber

Sure, you can mist away.

Bestskinsever doeasn't send a spray bottle but Zagg does.

It a very fine mist.

[​IMG]