Best Skins Ever vs. BodyGuardz vs. Phantom Skinz

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by jason2811, Oct 13, 2012.

1. jason2811 macrumors 6502a

Which do people prefer?
    Which one is a wet install?

Any pics of a phone with one of these installed would be great! Thanks!

2. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

3. YungMoola94 macrumors regular

That video sucks ass we don't want to see your face. WE WANT TO SEE THE PHONE.

4. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

Watch the video. I include close ups.

5. No Regrets macrumors regular

Where does iCarbons fall into place amongst these others? Better or worse, etc?

6. jason2811 thread starter macrumors 6502a

7. NightMoose macrumors newbie

BSE if you prefer a glossy, grippy skin.
    PhantomSkinz matte if you prefer a smooth, less noticable skin.

My preference: PhantomSkinz Matte
    In my view, glossy skins like BSE and BodyGuardz cheapen the look of the phone. They reflect light making the phone look like it has been nicely wrapped in plastic or rubber. Some people like the rubbery feel of these skins, but I prefer something that will glide in my hand. I've also heard that the glossy skins show fingerprints a lot faster than matte skins.

You can find an example of the PhantomSkinz matte here: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1457638

I've only heard good things about BSE and I think it's pretty safe to say it's the best of the glossy skins. PhantomSkinz appears to be the most popular of the matte skins. You won't experience orange peel with either brand and it really comes down to personal preference. Good Luck!

----------

Each brand offers full body, back and side, or back protection. The side protection covers the broad side of the phone, but not the shiny bevelled edge. This area is simply too small to install a skin and have it stay in place. Unfortunatley this is probably were most of the scratches occur when the phone is dropped (where the broad side of the phone and the bevelled edge meet). However I'm taking a chance in hoping that the side skin will protect against most scratches and dings.

You're accepting some risk unless you buy a full-body protective case.

8. floss macrumors regular

Yup, I had a fully body protector for the iPhone 4 and it protected it well against the several times I dropped it. I only had a minor scuff on the top corner after 2 years and was able to sell it in "excellent" condition.

It does seem like the beveled edges of the 5 is the most vulnerable part of the phone and for that reason, I ponied up and got a case. Went with a slim and minimal one so as not to completely ruin the appearance of the iPhone.