Best sleep tracker?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by audirs5, Oct 4, 2015.

1. audirs5 macrumors 6502

Anyone have one? Would like to know my heart beat as well as when I'm sleeping well.

2. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I used both the Apple Watch and Fitbit Surge and Charge HR. Both of the Fitbit devices are what I use when running and do a great job of tracking your sleep and HR. It amazes me how good the HR sensors work on both Fitbit devices as I can wear them so loose that the go over my wrist bone and onto the lower part of my hand and the HR sensor never misses a lick. They will give you your "true" resting HR. I was shocked as I have seen as slow as 58-59 often.

3. audirs5 thread starter macrumors 6502

THANKS!!

I meant to ask, best sleep tracker APP for the apple watch.

4. BlueMoon63 macrumors 68000

Sleep++ is free and does a good job. It is native and has a complication if you want to use it. It tracks sleep and any movement.

Sleep Pulse costs money but when you end the sleep, it tracks your heart rate from the time you activated to start the sleep until you end and graphs your heart rate. The Apple Watch never misses a beat at night. Every 10 minutes unless you move and then it might be 11 minutes. :)

Those are the only two I know and I use both of them.

5. Bigdog9586 macrumors regular

I'm not impressed with sleep++. I woke up last night and ended up on the lazy boy watching TV FOR OVER AN HOUR. HARDLY MOVED MY ARM AND I ONLY LOST 6 min. in 8 hours.

6. audirs5 thread starter macrumors 6502

It's what i'm using it. not loving it.

7. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    I've been using sleep++ for the past week as well. I the only native app that I'm aware of for Apple Watch. I've found that Sleep++ is good for very basic functionality.
    I assume you're talking about 6 minutes of "restless" time? Well, yeah obviously if you sat still on the couch for an hour the app can't tell if you're sleeping or watching tv. I'm not sure what you're expecting for the thing... But I've found it good for just a) keeping a general track of the amount of sleep I've been getting and b) getting a feel for how "sound" my sleep is. So far my sleep has been ranging between 4%-10% of restless sleep. I can easily see this being something I do for a couple weeks and then realize that the annoyance outweighs the benefit.