Best Sleeve for Macbook Pro 13"

whyrichard

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 15, 2002
Hey,

Five years ago the best sleeve for my macbook was a booq bag sleeve. Minimal and a good balance of protection and size.

What is the word on sleeves for a macbook pro 13" currently?

Thanks,

r.

aixporter

macrumors member
Feb 21, 2009
my personal favorite are the incases. I believe they just came out with an improved neoprene sleeve.

thatguysmells

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2009
Pandora
I can tell you this, do not buy a sleeve with zippers. Go with this one...

Contour Design rE-versible Sleeve for Macbook Pro 13"

I have one and love it. Also, you can see reviews of this sleeve on youtube.

kny3twalker

macrumors 65816
Oct 25, 2009
waterfield sleeve case

customizable, made in the USA, well designed, vertical or horizontal orientation, custom made for the specific notebook, no zippers, etc...

what more can be said?

sfbags.com

Norskman

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2010
I can tell you this, do not buy a sleeve with zippers. Go with this one...

Contour Design rE-versible Sleeve for Macbook Pro 13"

I have one and love it. Also, you can see reviews of this sleeve on youtube.
Why not go with a zippered case? The inCase sleeves have been very successful. Are you concerned the zipper will scratch the laptop?

From what I can tell, the zipper doesn't make contact with the laptop at all.

The faux-fur looks like a good way to protect the laptop as well. The Neoprene Sleeve Plus is what I'm considering.

elmo151

Jul 3, 2007
NYC
lots of choices. it depends in great part on what you are looking for: scratch protection or padding.

I like the neoprene cases.

Kaos Theory

macrumors member
Nov 9, 2008
My brother has one of the Incase Neoprene sleeves (as pictured above). It is pretty impressive. I would definitely recommend it; the lining is very plush and non-abrasive and the neoprene helps against spills, rain, etc. The zipper has it's own cover inside the case so it does not come into contact with the computer. However, it is very padded, so it might be slightly bigger than what you are looking for.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
I always used to recommend foof sleeves here, when somebody would ask for sleeve advice. I won't do that anymore. Don't buy foof sleeves! They're really bad, yeah, pretty awful, booh!

No, they're fscking awesome, really. It's just that I would hate it if the brand got too big. It needs to stay relatively small to remain somewhat underground. I really love my Origami Kuro foofbag.

thatguysmells

macrumors regular
Dec 18, 2009
Pandora
Why not go with a zippered case? The inCase sleeves have been very successful. Are you concerned the zipper will scratch the laptop?

From what I can tell, the zipper doesn't make contact with the laptop at all.

The faux-fur looks like a good way to protect the laptop as well. The Neoprene Sleeve Plus is what I'm considering.
The incase sleeves are terrible. The zipper rubs and scratches the aluminum.

marvolo

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
Uh.. is there something wrong with the booq bag sleeves now?

I'm currently using an Isis Dei sleeve, but I was definitely thinking of the booq ones as a replacement.

Aboo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 7, 2008
The incase sleeves are terrible. The zipper rubs and scratches the aluminum.
They actually made a new version that they call the "plus" version or something. Apparently, it has a thicker protective "lip" that prevents scratching.

neutrino23

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2003
SF Bay area
I use a Waterfield Design Suede Jacket Sleeve from sfbags.com

http://www.sfbags.com/products/laptopsuedejacket/laptopsuedejacket.htm

It has a padded bottom edge and loops on the sids to pull on. There is no side padding so this is mostly intended for inclusion in my wheeled bag. Occasionally I use just this sleeve when I go to the library or coffee shop.

I've had this almost a year and a half now and it is holding up fine.

Sfbags.com also has a padded version:

http://www.sfbags.com/products/sleevecases/sleevecases.htm

You can customize this in various ways (horizontal, vertical, strap, no strap, etc.). Kind of nice. I might get this one next time.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
I always used to recommend foof sleeves here, when somebody would ask for sleeve advice. I won't do that anymore. Don't buy foof sleeves! They're really bad, yeah, pretty awful, booh!

No, they're fscking awesome, really. It's just that I would hate it if the brand got too big. It needs to stay relatively small to remain somewhat underground. I really love my Origami Kuro foofbag.
if you dnt mind me asking, how long did it take for yours to come? (if you live in the united states). my sister ordered mine on march 16th, and its still not here <_<.

Bengt77

macrumors 68000
Jun 7, 2002
Europe
if you dnt mind me asking, how long did it take for yours to come? (if you live in the united states). my sister ordered mine on march 16th, and its still not here <_<.
Foof doesn't ship by air, but by, well, ship. They strongly believe in keeping the environment happy. Therefore, it can take a while before you get yours. Mine arrived a tad over three weeks after ordering it. So, for you, it might take another week or two.

vong

macrumors 6502a
Jan 31, 2010
Foof doesn't ship by air, but by, well, ship. They strongly believe in keeping the environment happy. Therefore, it can take a while before you get yours. Mine arrived a tad over three weeks after ordering it. So, for you, it might take another week or two.
oh gosh... all good though, just bought it ahead of time so i can be prepared for my future macbook pro :apple::p