best sleeve for the MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sanzu3, Aug 26, 2007.

1. sanzu3 macrumors regular

sanzu3

So on tuesday I plan to order a Macbook Pro.

Now I'm wondering which of these sleeves I should be ordering. I want a sleeve that stays on whilst I'm working, offers reasonable protection and looks cool.

When I'm carrying the MBP around it will be in a Booq backpack that offers a ton of protection, so really I just need a sleeve that gives it some protection whilst its being used as I tend to use it in cafes, the office etc.

http://www.case-mate.com/s.nl/it.A/id.196/.f

http://www.amazon.com/Speck-MacBook...0/ref=tag_stp_st_edpp_url/103-8463574-1465406

http://www.saunders-usa.com/rhinoskin/?brand=278&model=285

or do you have other recommendations ???

Thanks

2. jtchambliss macrumors newbie

3. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

4. sanzu3 thread starter macrumors regular

sanzu3

5. vicious7 macrumors 6502a

vicious7

Try the Speck cases then. They are readily available in the online Apple Store.

P.S. the price indicated is in Canadian Dollars.

Attached Files:

6. weckart macrumors 68040

Another vote for the Speck. The clear cases seem to be the most popular and you might get a deal from Amazon if you pick one of the colours. I can't really explain it, but the plastic surround makes the MBP feel nicer to the touch than bare metal.

7. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I've been thinking of the Speck thing for my MacBook. I currently have a Brenthaven Leather Edge I and, when I tried putting an empty Speck case into one at CompUSA, it was too big.

Would I be able to keep it on, while it's sitting around my house, and take it off when I take it somewhere? I'm not sure how it attaches, but would this affect the clips after a few ons and offs?

8. sanzu3 thread starter macrumors regular

sanzu3

I'm very tempted by the Speck - although the Case-mate looks better, but then its a lot more money

9. wildthing1994 macrumors member

wildthing1994

I have a speck case ordered it off ebay for 1 cent + shipping. It does the job but I don't like it. It makes my MBP look fat for lack of a better term, and the wholes don't line up with the right side, I think the one they sent me was for a powerbook.

10. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

I just got the Booq Bags sleeve for $55. Its awesome!

11. sanzu3 thread starter macrumors regular

sanzu3