Best small business task managing/invoicing DAYLITE??

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by FSBW21086, Sep 7, 2008.

1. FSBW21086 macrumors member

My business is really starting to take off recently. I am looking for something to manage it all. Ive been looking into software for the last week or so and am probably going to go for daylite although I am not 100% sold on it. I only work for 6 clients currently but see the number expanding in the future. I have searched these forums for hours and read countless threads all giving useful information.

These are the most important features im seeking!

- A piece of software I enjoy using! Not something clunky and pc feeling. I want to feel like the developer understands my needs and thoughtfully created the best program they could possibly develop (studiometry felt clunky and outdated)
    - iCal, Addressbook sync
    - local backup as well as mobileme backup
    - Be able to access and add tasks/projects/schedule from my iPhone
    - When an email arrives about a project I want to be able to push it or assign it to a project in my database to allow better project tracking. I also want to be able to push attachments that go along with the project into the database. THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT
    - Be able to push different project tasks into invoices

Right now I am currently using ical, addressbook and macfreelance (iratchet) I just switched from on the job and like mac freelance better. I just dont know if daylite+billings is overkill for me right now. Im going to give it a good test drive tomorrow along with things and bento.

Its crazy how different software developers approach things. I wish I could take features from each and build my perfect program but for now Im just trying to find the best fit for my business.

2. FSBW21086 thread starter macrumors member

went with contactizer. 75% happy with it so far although im finding things I wish were there and things I will never use. I still feel like im mixing work and personal contacts and I wish you could select contacts to organizations/companies and sort your projects by company without having to add the company name to the title and add a smart filter. Way better than daylite though.

3. macsig macrumors regular

You want to check this out

it looks a good application for a great price.

Hope this helps

4. FSBW21086 thread starter macrumors member

wow they have a lot of programs that might meet my needs. I will check them out after work today.. thanks!

5. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

Wow Money looks great, Thanks for passing that link over.